Principal IT Auditor
Salford Internal Audit Services based within Salford City Council, provide a high quality IT Audit service for councils across Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Merseyside; other clients include the Police, Transport Executive and the Housing Sector.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal IT Auditor to join our well-established and expanding team. We are looking for enthusiastic and an experienced individual with strong technical, analytical, negotiating and influencing skills to provide a professional service to our clients. Travel will be predominantly across the North West.
Our IT audits vary across clients and we are ideally seeking candidates with knowledge in infrastructure IT audits; application audits; information security; cyber security; PCI DSS Compliance; and/or project audit work.
- Practical audit experience in risk and control based auditing desirable
- CISA / CISM / QICA or equivalent desirable
- A good understanding of the legislative and regulatory requirements for Public Sector IT auditing
- A good understanding of relevant standards for Information Security and IT Service Management (e.g. ISO27001 and ITIL)
- Knowledge of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), Cyber Security and BCP/DR is desirable
- Confident communicator, able to converse with technical and non-technical personnel
- Analytical, problem solver and able to recommend practical solutions
- An effective team member and able to work on your own initiative for end to end assignments
- Client relationship management experience
- Excellent time management skills
Although audit skills are desirable, IT professionals with a strong information security background considering a move in to IT audit will be considered.
What we can provide
- Fantastic career opportunity within IT auditing
- Flexible working arrangements to promote a better work life balance
- Career graded salary, based on qualifications, skills and experience
- Casual Car Allowance
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good staff benefits, such as green lease car scheme, cycle 2 work and various salary sacrifice schemes
Grade: 4A (£31,601 to £40,057)
Hours: 36 hours per week
Closing date for applications, close of play on the 18th January 2018 and Interviews will take place on the 24th and 25th January 2018.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding the role please contact Gary Marland on 0161 607 6974.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Salford
- IT Audit Senior Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Salford
- IT Audit Manager Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Salford
- Technology Risk Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Salford
- Risk Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Salford