Process, Risks & Controls Senior Associate
PwC’s Risk Assurance practice in the North is looking for a strong Senior Associates (pre-Manager grade) to help us develop and deliver high quality engagements to a range of clients in the Commercial/ Financial Services/ Government & Public sector. This role provides an outstanding opportunity for an individual with experience to join our growing team and gain exposure to a dynamic mix of client engagements.
Whilst we eventually encourage our team to develop a specialism within a certain industry sector, if you haven’t already specialised, one unique aspect of the role is the opportunity to work across a fantastic range of clients and industry sectors thus providing a broad range of experience that will credentialise you well for progression both within or outside of the firm. The variety of work also extends beyond the industry sector to the type of work performed. Your work will involve being part of delivery teams for a variety of process, risk and controls assurance engagements. This includes opportunities to work on our extensive portfolio of outsourced Internal Audit contracts, financial services risk and regulatory assignments, performance assurance reviews (such as sustainability or contract assurance assignments) and controls testing to support our external audits.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engagement scoping and planning
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients
- Being a member of a team on large and small engagements - working as part of a project team on client sites and day-to-day liaison with clients
- Identifying and documenting key risks and controls within businesses and their processes
- Conducting work in accordance with PwC’s methodologies and quality assurance standards.
- Working within set deadlines.
- Leading and coach junior team members.
- Discussing findings and issues with clients and the PwC Engagement Leader.
- Taking responsibility for drafting initial reports ahead for delivery to the client.
- Working as part of our business development strategy team in the local marketplace and taking responsibility for developing your own personal network both internally and externally.
- You will receive appropriate training for the engagements that you will undertake and coaching on engagements.
For the right individual, the role provides an outstanding opportunity to progress, develop and be rewarded for achievement as part of a successful and growing part of the PwC business.
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- A passion for Governance, Risk & Control and Internal Audit/ Compliance or Performance Assurance;
- Experience of review planning, risk and control identification and performing, reviewing and directing testing;
- The ability to work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time building good working relationships with colleagues and clients;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Experience of identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients, as well as drafting the related sections of formal reports;
- The ability to assess risk in a wide range of operations and activities and suggest pragmatic risk mitigation activities. Due to the diverse nature of the clients and industries where you will be required to apply your skills, this is essential;
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions;
- You will have experience of interacting with clients at all levels and developing/maintaining business relationships;
- All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in North East England
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in North East England
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in North East England
- Risk Analysis Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in North East England
- Risk Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in North East England