Risk Assurance Services - Public Services - Senior Manager
Reporting directly to and acting as deputy to the Director, you will be responsible for supporting the Director in implementation of agreed sector growth strategies as well as day to day oversight and delivery of risk based internal audit services to clients’ across the, Education and Charities portfolio nationally. The team has experienced strong growth in recent years and is well placed to build on this further.
You will take a proactive role in implementation of agreed sector growth strategies and business development assisting with targeting, proposal writing and pitching for new and existing client work as well as thought leadership and communication to prospective and current clients nationally. In addition the role will involve day to day client and practice management, supported by respective engagement managers, including resource planning, ensuring delivery of a high quality internal audit service to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, attending audit committees and management of financial performance.
- Implementation of agreed sector growth strategies for education and charities nationally including key internal and external stakeholders;
- Responsible for day to day oversight and management of an client portfolio spanning education and charities organisations nationally;
- Pro-actively maintains a good understanding of all aspects of client delivery including resourcing and working to achieve agreed timescales;
- Builds strong and maintains good working relationships with the client, including regular progress meetings with key stakeholders and ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
- Review and finalisation of internal audit reports for issue to clients;
- Acts as a point of contact for Director/Partners and client, pro-actively ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of plans;
- Attendance at Audit Committee’;
- Day to day management of the Engagement Manager team, providing direction, advice and support as required.
- People management and development responsibilities: annual appraisals, performance management, employee engagement.
- Responsibility of managing and tracking financial performance across the client portfolio, whilst contributing to the RAS overall financial objectives and the budget.
- Responsible for business development, including proposals and presentations as well as thought leadership and communications to prospective and current clients.
- To deliver confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients;
- Ensures that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client; and
- Sees opportunities and prospects for new work.
- Educated to degree level and qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA,IIA or equivalent;
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients and a team of managers/staff;
- Experience of leading and delivering internal audits in professional practice or in-house team;
- Experience in working within Education and Charities arena. Equally, experience/familiarity with Health and Central Government and Arm’s Length Bodies although not essential.
- Possesses a sound technical understanding of technical issues surrounding the public sector;
- Proven people management experience;
- Experience of following a risk based audit approach;
- As this position involves client contact at a senior level, the person must be able to present a professional image to the firm’s clients;
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills required;
- Desire to help grow and develop the department;
- Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies;
- Ability to identify issues though sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations;
- Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication; and
- Ability to develop self and others.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Risk Management Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Risk Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)