Risk Assurance Manager - Financial Services
About the team
PwC is continuing to invest and grow their Scotland based risk assurance team and currently have vacancies to support the work we undertake for clients in the areas of governance, risk and compliance.
The focus will predominantly be in helping our Financial Services clients based in Scotland, who face a growing and complex level of risk and regulatory requirements, but may also extend to supporting other market sectors.
The role holder will work with a dynamic and diverse team providing services in the following areas:
- Conduct and compliance – strategy, advisory and oversight
- Risk transformation, strategy and infrastructure
- Regulatory advice and assurance
- Risk culture and behaviours and;
- Board effectiveness and governance.
About the role
This role will see you working on a variety assignments. We are strong advocates of fostering a culture of personal development and learning and your ideas will be welcomed in an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork. In your role you will gain exposure to senior management throughout the business, while yourself being responsible for supervising and coaching junior colleagues.
The candidate will ideally have a background of risk and (or) compliance and have an understanding of the financial services market and the regulatory challenges that apply. An ability to engage with stakeholders across different levels of an organisation will be important as will an understanding of the regulatory rules and requirements set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA). Activities will include but not be limited to:
- Advising on the design and development of enterprise wide risk management frameworks
- Supporting with regulatory change programmes for example the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR)
- Advising on conduct and compliance client challenges, helping build solutions to address regulatory requirements,
- Risk culture and conduct reviews
- Operational risk reviews
- Regulatory reviews and advice
Essential skills and experience:
- University degree
- Supervision/coaching of junior members of staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Client handling and relationship management skills
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Experience of developing strong relationships with client and internal stakeholders
- Experience of working in Financial Services or delivering risk and compliance services on behalf of a professional services firm or within a financial services institution.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and industry standards.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Compliance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Risk Management Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Risk Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in City of Edinburgh