Internal Auditor (Part Qualified ACA/IIA/ACCA) FTSE 100
Working for a FTSE 100, market leading technology retail and manufacturer to perform financial and operational risk assessments in order to prevent fraud and mitigate risks.
Our client is the global leader in electronics both in relation to consumer and components.
They have been at the front of innovation in regards to televisions, mobile phones, computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices and LED solutions.
They employ over 200,000 people across 72 countries with annual sales exceeding US $143.1 billion.
Their European offering is made up of 17 subsidiaries across Europe with $32 billion worth of sales and an aim to double its turnover by 2020.
In order to achieve this goal they are looking to recruit dynamic candidates who want to be leaders in the digital age. They are passionate about their people and their approach to business is held to the highest standards so that they can effectively contribute to a better world.
Purpose of the Role:
This is a Risk & Reporting Manager role in Budget & Risk Management team in Central Finance Team.
This role requires a part/ fully qualified accountant with in-depth knowledge of marketing and overhead costs and good understanding of business process to be able to identify risks and make recommendations to mitigate identified risks
This role is responsible for executing a variety of financial, operational risk assessments in order to prevent fraud and mitigate risks
- To ensure effective cost management for Marketing/Overhead costs
- Reporting to the head of the Budget & Risk Management team and Finance director
- Periodic review of costs and expenses in order to identify opportunities for cost improvement.
- Analyse the root cause of issues/fraud and identify any internal control deficiencies
- Recommend improvements, rectifications or enhancements to internal controls in order to address the root causes.
- On-going assessment of the risk and control environment through review of existing operational and financial controls and bench marking with best practices.
- Raising awareness of the importance of controls and embedding controls capability and ownership within the business.
- Conducting periodic control evaluations and reporting on progress of remediation actions.
- Initiate and facilitate improvement initiatives and workshops.
- Support process changes for Marketing spend management system
- Ad-hoc risk assessment projects/reports
- Approval of marketing payment requests
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Strong organisational, report writing, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills. Proactive and have strong analytical skills to gather information from different parts of the business, analyse and identify implications of data, and present the conclusions.
- Able to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, strong organisational and multi-tasking skills.
To be successful in this role you ideally have:
- Part or fully qualified accountant/auditor (ACA/ACCA/IIA or equivalent)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting/ Economics or Business Administration
- Advanced level in MS Office (especially Excel)
- Ideally experience in working multinational companies
- Competitive Salary
- Very Competitive Bonus
- Study Support (ACCA/IIA)
- Career Progression
- Opportunity to add to society through technological advancements
- The opportunity to work for a FTSE 100
- Opportunity for global internal transfers (long term)
- Exposure to Risk, Controls, Governance, Internal Audit
- Financial and Operational exposure
- Part-Qualified Internal Auditor
- South West London / Surrey