Executive Director of Strategy and Risk
Pensions are making headlines. Major Government reforms continue to target a pensions industry undergoing rapid change. As the UK regulator of work-based pension schemes, The Pensions Regulator (TPR) has a critical role to play in protecting savers whilst also ensuring that every UK employer complies with their duties. We strive to be a strong, fair, agile and efficient regulator and a well-informed and pragmatic thought leader.
As the pensions landscape changes, so do the risks and challenges we face in pursuing the objectives given to us by Parliament. This is an exciting but challenging time to join us. We are implementing changes to the way we regulate through our landmark TPR Future initiative, which will deliver a sustainable approach for the next 5 to 10 years. As Executive Director of Strategy and Risk, you will be key to the successful delivery of this challenging agenda. This is a new and highly visible role in an organisation that faces intense scrutiny in a rapidly changing environment.
- To own and maintain TPR’s approach to regulation including the identification and prioritisation of risks and the design of regulatory approaches to mitigate these, whilst ensuring that the TPR is set up to deliver in accordance with this approach.
- To be responsible for the functional activities that fall within the Strategy and Risk remit, including regulatory assurance, data, analytics, risk, research and horizon scanning.
- To work closely with the Executive Committee and the Board to ensure cohesive leadership and management of the organisation and the Strategy and Risk Directorate.
- To lead on the development, delivery and monitoring of TPR’s strategy to meet statutory objectives.
The successful candidate:
- Strong commercial understanding including corporate strategy, pensions environment strategic trends and issues and macro and micro economic trends.
- Proven experience of organisational leadership at executive and ideally board level, within an organisation of more than 300 staff.
- Direct experience of setting strategy in public sector and/or regulatory environments.
- Proven expertise in strategic engagement and credible stakeholder management – sensitive to different agencies, with demonstrable experience of being a key spokesperson for an organisation, both internally and externally.
For full details on the role, please click the 'Apply' button
Please note that although this advert will expire on 27th May 2018, applications will be accepted via the Odgers Berndtson website until 5pm on Thursday 31st May 2018