Operational Risk Manager
Our client, a large organisation with a strong brand presence, seeks an Operational Risk Manager to strengthen its audit and risk department.
Working in relatively autonomous position within the team, the Operational Risk Manager will help support the Group’s operational businesses and support functions by generating and maintaining an effective risk management framework.
This is a ‘second line of defence role’; a position where you will work closely with senior management and the Risk Committee advise on the approach to be taken to ensure effective risk management is adopted across the business.
As part of the role, you will be tasked with establishing an operational risk management framework for the business, from which policies and procedures can be developed by relevant business functions.
In addition, you will establish and monitor metrics to measure business continuity and disaster recovery, development of the cybersecurity programme of work and implementation of the GDPR plans into operations.
Applicants should come from a solid risk, compliance or audit background with experience of overseeing operational risk projects, ideally gained within a listed commercial business or financial services organisation.
This is a high-profile and varied role which offers exposure to all areas of the business, senior stakeholders and Risk Committee.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Proven, relevant experience in a risk, compliance or audit function
- Experience of overseeing internal operational risk projects in a large and diverse organisation
- Experience of designing, developing and delivering business-wide risk frameworks.
- Experience of risk analytics and reporting
- Commercial acumen
- Confident and articulate oral and written communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Good stakeholder relationship management and influencing skills
Apply for Operational Risk Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly