Head of Risk
- 0-25% Travel
My client are a listed organisation based in Kent with operations spread across multiple business sectors.
Due to an internal move, we are seeking to appoint a Head of Risk to head up their Insurance division.
Reporting directly into the CRO, your role will be varied and you will need to demonstrate significant leadership experience in order to deliver the full risk schedule across the business.
You will ensure that the business' approach to risk management meets key stakeholder expectations, including business and Group Executive and Non Executive Directors and all relevant regulatory Authorities.
You will be a leader, with significant industry and technical risk knowledge, and sufficient senior management experience to both partner and provide challenge to execuitve senior management.
This is a UK wide role and as such there will be some travel to other UK sites and so there will be some travel although this is not expected to be more than 20%.
You will attend industry meetings in order to facilitate best practice benchmarking.
The client is seeking an experienced individual with the following experience:
- Enterprise Risk Management, Financial Services experience
- Senior Risk Management experience and commercial knowledge of the insurance sector
- Strong leadership experience - the ability to develop an existing team
- Previous exposure to and experience of working with the regulators
- Superlative communication skills both written and verbal and be keen to be the point of contact for Risk across the business.
This is an excellent role and offers a very strong career path. It would suit either a current Head of Risk who is Kent based and no longer wishes to travel into London on a daily basis or a Senior Risk Manager who is ambitious and keen to move to the next level. There is also the option to work from London for two days a week if the Kent location is challenging.
For more information, please click to apply.