Internal Audit Manager - Commodity & Trading Risk
This role focuses on the delivery of an agreed portfolio of audits centred on Financial Market risk. You will bring commodity/trading experience to challenge and provide insight to the audits covering Centrica's Financial Market Risk and help drive the development of the internal audit function through on the job coaching and bringing commodity and trading insights.
Travel is required across the trading businesses, including to London, Europe and New Jersey.
The Job Role:
- Manage the scheduling and resourcing of audits to deliver adequate assurance around the Financial Market Risk
- Work closely with business stakeholders and assurance functions to gain an understanding of Centrica's trading risk profile and scope audits to cover the key commodity/trading risks
- Assure the quality of audit planning, testing and reporting in line with the Standards set within the function, seeking out opportunities for improvement
- Raise issues identified during the audit in a clear and concise manner and be robust in the face of challenge in order to bring about necessary improvement to the System of Internal Control
- Lead complex audit delivery and coach and develop the audit team in building knowledge of commodity and trading risk
- Input to the development and maintenance of the audit plan covering the Financial Market Risk
- Support development within the Internal Audit function by driving continuous improvement in processes and the quality of outputs, including by adding commercial insights on commodity and trading risk.
- Experience of trading organisations, either hands on or in an assurance role, to ensure credibility when challenging the trading businesses
- Experience in corporate governance, risk, control and assurance or have a genuine passion for broadening knowledge of auditing, risk management and control
- Degree qualified plus postgraduate qualification in a relevant topic.
- Analytical with attention to detail but ability to identify practical solutions
- Deep understanding of physical and financial commodity trading including complex, structured long term contracts
- Effective at communicating with senior stakeholders and in making pragmatic recommendations
- Team player and innovative thinker with confidence to challenge the status quo
- Effective team leader, able to motivate, coach and develop individuals
- Clear and succinct communication, presentation and report writing style.