Corporate Governance Manager
Through our audit work for the Auditor General for Scotland and the Accounts Commission we scrutinise the effectiveness of the governance arrangements for over 220 public sector organisations across Scotland. We employ around 280 experts to help ensure that £40bn of public money is spent wisely – we probably audit your local hospital, your council and a good number of the other public sector organisations delivering services across Scotland.
We expect high standards of governance of the organisations we audit, and we set high standards for our own governance. We believe that a world-class organisation requires world-class governance arrangements.
Our Edinburgh office is within walking distance of both Haymarket and Waverly stations, has stunning views across to the castle and offers a wonderful environment in which to work so you can be your very best.
We’re different, modern and have a wonderful open culture. We value simplicity and purpose in our work. Our people have the autonomy and freedom they desire to make a difference in their work. Check us out – we think you’ll love who we are, what we value and our dedication to help ensure Scotland works well for all of the people that live here.
How can you help us?
Our dynamic Corporate Governance team are looking to add a new Corporate Governance Manager. You will be an effective team player, supporting our organisation by assuming responsibility for the design, development, organisation and coordination of a wide range of governance services.
You are a true Governance professional and know all about how good organisations operate and design services around value adding tasks, drawing on your experience to design and lead a world class corporate governance service. You work closesly with colleagues and managers around the business, ensuring delivery of an exceptional shared service model of excellence.
- deliver high quality governance. You understand the importance of continually reviewing and improving corporate governance policies and procedures and making recommendations. You can manage our legistlative obligations and reporting requirements and be responsible for Data Protection within Audit Scotland and undertake the statutory role of Data Protection Officer for Audit Scotland, the Accounts Commission and the Auditor General.
- support corporate planning, performance, risk and information management. You’ll support Audit Scotland’s corporate planning, performance management and risk management processes
Specific knowledge and experience...
- You will be an experienced manager in this field with the ability to lead, support and constructively challenge your colleagues and the wider organisation.
- You will have a proven track record in the areas of governance, leadership, improvement and change management and core service delivery.
- You will have a detailed knowledge and understanding of current and future legislative issues and developments
- You may be educated to degree level and/ or have other relevant professional qualifications and ideally a Certificate in Data Protection Practice or equivalent qualification.
- You may have experience in procurement and contract management.
- You may have worked in the public, private or ‘third’ sectors.
Want to know more about who we are and what we do - check out our recruitment video Audit Scotland - Animation. Don’t just take our word for it, we were awarded 2018 One to Watch status by the Sunday Times Best Companies Survey.
We offer local government defined-benefit, career average pension scheme along with a package that aims to look after your health and wellbeing, work-life balance, professional development and the money in your pocket. You’ll find more on our full range of benefits on our careers site.
Interested? Next steps
We’re keeping this nice and simple - click the apply button. Fill in our application form and, if you wish, you can also share your CV.
If you like us and we think you’re great then maybe we’ll meet. We’ve reserved Monday 5 November and Thursday 8 November so we can meet and get to know each other better. If successful, we’ll then agree a package and share our journey together – helping to make work better for our people and, in turn, helping make Scotland a better place for the people that live here.
More searches like this
- Internal Audit Manager Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Risk Management Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Risk Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in City of Edinburgh
- Compliance & Regulation Public Sector £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in City of Edinburgh