Corporate Risk Senior Officer - RFT39
1 day left
- 0-25% Travel
The Office for Students (OfS) was established by the Higher Education and Research Act in 2017 and became fully operational in April 2018. OfS`s primary aim is to ensure that English higher education is delivering positive outcomes for students - past, present, and future. Our objective is to ensure that students, of all backgrounds (particularly those from the most disadvantaged backgrounds):
- Are supported to access, succeed in, and progress from, higher education
- Receive high quality academic experience and their interests are protected while they study or in the event of provider, campus or course closure
- Are able to progress into employment or further study and their qualifications hold their value over time
- Receive value for money
The Resources, Finance & Transformation directorate provides critical services to the OfS to enable the organisation to deliver its strategy. The directorate ensures that the OfS complies with statutory and other public sector requirements, identifies and manages risks and opportunities and co-ordinates efforts across the organisation to be efficient and effective.
The purpose of the role of `Corporate Risk Senior Officer` is to embed and evolve OfS`s approach to risk management across the whole organisation. Key responsibilities include; establishing relationships with colleagues across the OfS (at all levels); developing an excellent knowledge of the organisation; and leading on the development and implementation of the Risk Management Framework as the organisation matures. The role requires engagement with internal and external stakeholders (the OfS directors` Group, OfS Risk and Audit Committee (RAC) and the OfS Board) to report risk and respond to advice and direction of the RAC.
In this role, the post holder may support SRU projects from time to time.
The key person attributes to fulfil this role include:
- confidence in building relationships and networks at all levels of the organisation and externally, with excellent communication & negotiation skills;
- ability to understand the tension of delivering organisational goals whilst having the appropriate level of risk management and contingency planning in place;
- demonstration of sound data and trend analysis skills;
- experience performing strategic and business planning;
- experience of working in a regulatory environment;
- experience as a senior organisation wide Risk Manager across a range of areas;
- and an in depth understanding of corporate governance.
Location: Bristol based however some travel may be required.
The role is full time; however, we will consider job share and part time applicants (minimum 0.8 FTE).
Application deadline: 23:55 on 16th December 2018
Shortlist: 19th December 2018
Interviews: 7th January 2019
If you have any particular requirements in relation to the selection process, please let us know immediately so that we can discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need. We are requesting this information to make the process as equitable as possible for each candidate.
OfS is working towards equal opportunities in employment.