Audit Senior - FS Technical Risk Assurance
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 18 offices across the UK, employing 3,500 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £428m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 74,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $8.1bn.
A position has arisen for a Technology Risk Auditor within Financial Services.
Our services are both assurance and advisory in nature, with the majority of our work at present being assurance. The number of advisory engagements is also growing quickly and there will be opportunities for individuals to work on a broad range of projects including advanced data analytics, IT governance, cyber security, technology resilience, IT internal audit, data privacy and social engineering reviews.
The team is currently centralised in the firm’s office in London, with members of the team located in Birmingham and Manchester.
The Financial Services IT Audit Senior role is central to the ongoing development of our Technology Risk Assurance (TRA) team. We are looking for an individual with strong IT audit capabilities and experience of starting to manage parts of IT audit support engagements.
The combination of clients from different sectors within the Financial Services practice, the opportunity to provide a range of services and the growing nature of our TRA business provides an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking career development, challenge and responsibility. As a result of the growth of the group, both realised and planned, and of an increased focus on controls based audit techniques, there is a now a need to further increase FS Tech risk capacity to meet demand.
For additional information about BDO LLP, and Technology Risk Assurance (TRA), visit www.bdo.co.uk.
The role of Technology Risk Auditor will primarily be a “hands on” fieldwork delivery role, performing both IT general controls, data analytics and transaction process reviews in support of the firm’s external, internal audit and advisory engagements.
This will involve the performance of detailed assurance procedures, including:
- the documentation of systems, processes, and controls;
- the testing of key controls and documentation of test results
- the preparation of clearly cross-referenced work paper files;
- scoping and delivering data analytics,
- the identification of controls issues and opportunities for process improvement;
- drafting high quality reports.
The position will report directly to the local FS Tech Risk Manager, and indirectly to audit Partners and Managers on an assignment-by-assignment basis. Previous experience of interaction with an external audit team is therefore important.
- Strong technical skills: a track record of developing IT general controls reviews across both simple and complex clients.
- Excellent communications skills: ability to keep IT Audit Managers, Leadership Team and Audit colleagues up to date with status, findings and the implications from the IT audit work. Escalating at the right time is essential to ensuring challenges are dealt with early.
- People Management: experience of leading small teams of IT audit specialists is important and examples of developing team members are essential.
- Client service delivery: exceptional client service critical to our business and we expect this to be at the heart of how you operate. Managing project timelines and maintaining high quality deliverables also important to the outcomes.
- Networking and marketing: act as an ambassador for the TRA team, whether leading presentations, effectively engaging with internal networks or bringing innovation to the TRA team. Represent the TRA team at office and firm meetings as required.
- Personal development: develop the necessary skill set in core product streams and specialise in two of these areas by proactively staying informed of developments and marketing services:
- Audit Support for Financial Services clients, including IT General Controls (ITGCs), Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) and Test of Controls (TOCs)
- Service auditor reporting – ISAE 3402/3000, SSAE18 – SOC1/SOC2, AAF 01/06,
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning;
- Data analytics and data management;
- Data and cyber security;
- IT internal audit,
- IT project risk management,
- IT governance and IT compliance reviews.
- CISA qualified (Essential), and a professional qualification in finance such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA desirable.
- Experience of IT general controls and application control reviews in support of external audit engagements for the Financial Services market.
- Experience of auditing applications and solutions specific to the Financial Services industry
- Strong people management skills.
- Ability to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls and relate them to the requirements of a financial audit.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and first rate interpersonal skills at all levels. Able to explain technological concepts and risks to non-technological audiences.
- Excellent team player but also confident working on own initiative.
- A good understanding of the importance of providing clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements to processes and controls.
- Hands on experience of designing, performing and reviewing data analytics and controls testing.
- The ability to document systems, processes and controls using Excel, Visio, and Word.
Prospects for development
- This role will develop skills and experience which will enable the successful candidate to work on other types of engagement, such as systems and controls improvement projects, technology assurance engagement, IT due diligence projects, and third party assurance assignments;
- There will be exposure to a wide range of business issues, and an opportunity to develop a good understanding of the impact of controls and risk management on clients' ability to manage their business;
- The successful candidate can expect the opportunity to be promoted to the position of Manager within 2 years, dependant on both personal and business performance;
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
More searches like this
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- IT Audit Senior Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Technology Risk Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)