Head of Risk & Controls
Our client is a leading industrial group with an exceptional reputation for ethical investment, customer satisfaction and employee engagement. The business has focused on delivering exceptional quality in all areas of operation to create an exception external and internal brand image.
Reporting to the CFO, the primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide a strategic view on best practice, sector insights, identify risk themes, emerging risks, and capturing and communicating risk appetite
- Work collaboratively with Heads of Departments and their teams in the identification, management and reporting of their key risks
- Facilitate ongoing dialogue across the business through workshops and to support improvements in the completeness and accuracy of risks captured and reported
- Provide challenge, scrutiny and oversight of the quality and completeness of risk capture and reporting by business teams to drive improvements in risk management
- Responsible for risk reporting process including development and completion of best practice risk reports (e.g. dashboards) and the development, monitoring and reporting of Key Risk Indicators
- Supporting in all aspects of Risk Group operation
- Drafting and presentation of committee and Board papers
- Develop and implement a proportionate risk-based controls monitoring and reporting programme
- Develop and strengthen 2nd line oversight through collation and capture of assurance
- Maintaining, monitoring and reporting compliance within key frameworks
- Development and translation of risk appetite into key business decision making
- Working with the business to develop efficient and effective control solutions around the risks that have been identified by the team
- Working as part of transformation and change project teams to advise and implement control solutions to address potential risks with the project.
The individual we require will demonstrate excellent commercial acumen with practical understanding of complex risks manifestation over short and long term, together with pragmatic application of controls and mitigation strategies. They should be an exceptional communicator and highly credible influencer with flexibility and gravitas to manage diverse key stakeholder relationships with Chair and Members of Audit Committee, senior executive management and Risk Group (including external and internal audit). Practical experience should include experience of guiding the development of internal control frameworks, and in particular strengthening of 2nd line oversight and control effectiveness assurance. This individual must design and implementing governance frameworks, providing oversight and improving the control environments. Their work will drive change, with the aim of achieving simplicity, transparency, standardisation and proportionality of process.
IAC Search Ltd (& Internal Audit Connections Ltd) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this role you are consenting to our use of your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services. We protect your rights to access, rectify or remove your data in our Data Protection Policy 2018. If you wish to contact us in regards your data or our policy then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Mining, Oil, Gas & Energy £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Management Mining, Oil, Gas & Energy £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Internal Controls Mining, Oil, Gas & Energy £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Mining, Oil, Gas & Energy £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)