Risk Assurance - Senior Associates
A career in our Controls Assurance practice, within Internal Audit services, will provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of an organisation's objectives, regulatory and risk management environment, and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders. We focus on helping organisations look deeper and see further considering areas like culture and behaviours to help improve and embed controls. In short, we seek to address the right risks and ultimately add value to their organisation.
Our team helps business leaders gain comfort that their systems, processes, and risk management procedures are operating effectively within a well controlled environment. We focus on helping clients make sure they have adequate controls in place to mitigate key risks, maintain key processes that enable management to make appropriate decisions, and ensure that an effective risk management framework is in place in case of a system breakdown.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Essential skills and experience
- University degree
- Supervision/coaching of junior members of staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Client handling and relationship management skills
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Experience of developing strong relationships with client and internal stakeholders
- Experience of working in Financial Services or delivering assurance on behalf of a professional services firm
- External auditing experience, including evaluating controls over financial and/or operational processes
- ICAS, ACA and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification, or equivalent
- Computer Science or Accounting & Business Administration degree, or similar
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards, e.g. ISAE 3402, SSAE 18, AAF 01/06, GIPS®, SOC1, SOC2, CASS rules.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity