Credit Risk Analyst - SAS / SQL Experience
Credit Risk Analyst Job with SAS and/or SQL experience - Financial Services based in Hampshire
Your new company
Hays is working with a leading specialist consumer finance provider to source a Credit Risk Analyst with SAS / SQL Experience.
Your new role
The Credit Risk Analyst, Acquisition will play a leading role in using data driven insights to develop, implement and optimise Acquisition and Fraud strategies for an industry leading finance portfolio. This is a new role in the recently established Credit Risk team with regular interaction and guidance from senior stakeholders. We are looking for a strong, ambitious analyst with some data mining and analytical experience, but not necessarily relating to acquisition strategies, who embraces the challenge of being part of the journey to grow a relatively new analytics function. With the right training and coaching, they will be given the excellent opportunity to define and shape acquisition strategy management in a progressive, agile and growing lender, and develop their own understanding of acquisition strategy management. Exposure to executive management is guaranteed, as is the chance to make a real impact on the commercial decision-making process and the opportunity to gain swift professional development.
- Provide support to Senior Credit Risk team on design, monitoring and enhancing of acquisition and fraud strategies, and provide analytical insight on new business performance
- Support with setting score cut-off strategies and policy rules to drive loss performance in line with agreed business objectives and achieve positive customer outcomes
- Support deep-dive analytics (cohort analysis, pre-post analysis, segmentation and ad-hoc analysis) to drive actionable insights and recommendations
- Provide insight into portfolio and segment trends through targeted analysis, forecasting and the development of regular MI
- Develop a good understanding of the business products, policies and processes and translate business questions and problems into actionable insights via data extraction and analysis
- Support business and finance partners to develop new products and processes, that result in positive customer outcomes and achieve business objectives
- Monitor the lending portfolio for any material trends or potential opportunities
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be an experienced Analyst with and understanding of the Financial Services market, ideally Consumer finance. Experience using SAS or SQL or equivalent (SAS preferred) as is excellent numerical, statistical and analytical skills.
What you'll get in return
A salary of up to £40,000 and benefits based on experience
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.