Finance Analyst (Risk & Controls)
PwC’s Operate business delivers large operational and managed service solutions for clients to meet regulatory, risk and compliance challenges.
With over 1,000 staff deployed on large implementation and execution programmes Operate brings together top talent with a distinctive mix of knowledge and skills. We support clients by providing staff augmentation services, delivering large scale operational programmes and managed solutions. We deliver our client work from a range of locations, providing our clients with cost-effective delivery, access to subject matter expertise and operational excellence disciplines for some of the biggest brands worldwide.
PwC is investing in further expansion of its Compliance Operations function. You will be working in a growing team within PwC’s Operate business providing a range of services to a variety of clients across the UK and abroad. Our service offerings include controls testing support (for example as part of an external audit or internal audit engagement, or as part of a managed service) as well as regulatory compliance testing.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for self-motivated individuals of all skill levels and backgrounds within finance or accounting. You will have experience in testing, risk, compliance, and/or external/internal audit functions.
You should be a determined individual with a drive to learn, develop, and succeed as a team.
What’s in it for you?
Our teams work in a fast paced and ever changing environment. You will be working with a range of global clients which will allow you to develop your career across a range of industries.
This is a very rewarding and stimulating career. You will also benefit from our ongoing Assurance technical and softer skills training programmes to assist with your continual technical and personal development along with dedicated career coaches to support your continued professional development in the team and the firm.
Where will you be based?
The role will be based in Belfast, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
- Educated to degree level (or relevant industry experience)
- Strong analytical skills with experience in problem solving and being able to implement and deliver solutions
- Willingness to expand technical knowledge in a broad range of client facing projects
- Ability to manage deadlines within multiple projects and demonstrate strong project management skills
- Proven ability to be a team player, while retaining ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Sound understanding of risk, control and compliance testing
- Desirable skills
- Experience in Financial Services or regulated industry
- Previous experience ideally within either a risk, technology testing, compliance or audit function
- Coaching and mentoring
- Intermediate excel skills