Internal Audit Executive - Commodity, Trading & Treasury Risk
This diverse and innovative FTSE energy group has a wide range of operations in their core sector and a number of related businesses including leading technology products and so offers a changing and challenging place to develop your career. With a high profile, consumer business they operate in an interesting dynamic which creates reputational and political risks as well as regulatory, very wide ranging operational risks as well as financial, trading, commodity and treasury risks. There is a great culture of openness, collaboration, honesty and integrity and they are passionate about looking after their people with a policy and track record of continued development and promotion from within. However, this career potential does not come at the expense of your life outside work, the team rarely work beyond 6pm and there is support for home-working.
The audit function is highly regarded internally and is not only proud to be perceived as a great talent pool from which the rest of the business looks to hire; but also recruits internally from the rest of the business because audit is very much viewed as a career enhancing move. Being part of the audit team offers an impressive exposure right across the business and a huge breadth of work - primarily risk-based operational reviews, but also some includes project audits and some more unusual “thematic” reviews. Recent audits have included consumer digital technologies, joint ventures, high value asset management, acquisitions, billing and even “culture” and “management behaviour” As part of the audit team you will gain a massive variety of exposure right across the business and. Career progression can be within the 40 strong audit function but typically people in the team will progress internally into a finance, risk or operational role with 2-3 years.
The business is currently seeking an auditor/governance specialist with experience of auditing commodities, trading and treasury risks to strengthen the their technical expertise in this complex area. Reporting to Audit Director/Manager level, you will primarily be responsible for the delivery of a range of audits centred on the trading operations of the business and with a particular focus on trading/commodity risks. You can expect to travel in this role for c10%-20% of the time - primarily within the UK but may include some European travel.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with business stakeholders and assurance functions to gain an understanding of the trading risk profile of the business and scope audits to cover the key commodity/trading risks
- Operational delivery of audit activities working within a team including other subject matter experts
- Identify gaps in controls and potential implications and raise these in a clear and concise manner in order to bring about improvement to the system of internal control
- Lead specific audit assignments and deliver to schedule and to the required quality standards
- Application of experience, initiative and judgement to ensure high quality audits are delivered
- Support development within the Internal Audit function by driving continuous improvement and agility
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Hold a degree and preferably a relevant post-graduation qualification and have a strong academic track record
- First-hand experience of working within a trading environment in a commercial, operational or risk role and/or working within audit or controls
- Have a background in external/internal audit OR possibly have a trading background within an energy, commodities or financial services environment with some exposure to governance, risk, assurance or control and a strong desire to develop wider commercial exposure
- Have the flexibility to travel for up to 25% of the time – primarily in the UK and US
- Be analytical with attention to detail but able to propose practical actions
- Demonstrate a robust and independent mindset with the confidence to raise issues appropriately
- Able to work effectively as part of a team to deliver to tight deadlines
- Effective at communicating with senior stakeholders
- Ambitious with a genuine passion for broadening their knowledge of auditing, risk management and controls within a trading environment
- Experienced or confident in manipulating data to drive audit insight and efficiency using various tools including Microsoft Excel and data analytics software.
On offer is a basic salary of up to c£65,000, bonus (typically around 12%-24%), 2x pension contributions, stock participation schemes, PMI and flexi bens. Please note that you must be entitled to work in the UK without the requirement for sponsorship of a visa to be considered for this opportunity.
More searches like this
- Internal Auditor Mining, Oil, Gas & Energy £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Berkshire
- Internal Audit Senior Mining, Oil, Gas & Energy £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Berkshire
- Internal Audit Manager Mining, Oil, Gas & Energy £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Berkshire
- Risk Analysis Mining, Oil, Gas & Energy £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Berkshire
- Risk Mining, Oil, Gas & Energy £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Berkshire