Risk and Controls Officer
6 days left
What does a great Risk & Controls Officer do?
Fiserv operates a three lines of defence model, widely adopted in the financial industry. The position is within the second line of defence and responsible for the deployment of Fiserv's Enterprise Risk Management framework, risk culture and control environment primarily in the UK and more broadly across the EMEA region.
The Control Officer (Risk Officer) will be responsible for assisting the EMEA Director of Risk, engaging directly with the business, senior leadership within Fiserv and regulatory authorities.
Lead and perform risk management activities that support Fiserv's ability to build value for investors, serve the needs of our clients and owner-associates, and meet regulatory obligations and standards. Maintain comprehensive governance and working partnership with business colleagues and clients to fulfil oversight and risk management responsibilities.
* Reporting to the EMEA Director of Risk, the role will be hands-on, highly-engaged and involved in virtually all aspects of risk management within the UK and more broadly in the EMEA region.
* Deploy Fiserv's Enterprise Risk Management framework across all parts of the business to increase visibility and adherence of standard practice
* Maintain a strong working partnership with the General Manager and all business partners as the risk management subject matter expert; and point of escalation for risks impacting business objectives
* Improve the organisation's understanding and oversight of risks to support a risk-aware culture and drive risk ownership with business and process owners
* Identify known or emerging risks and assess control efficiency to determine appropriate prevention and remediation actions relating to operational or regulatory compliance issues
* Capture, supervise and appropriately support or challenge progress of risk mitigation action plans as part of issue management and the overall risk management approach
* Appropriately raise material risks to business, Compliance & Controls and other relevant senior management and/or personnel
* Develop robust governance, reporting and communication of risk metrics and tolerance levels to business leaders that provide greater visibility and clarity into risk factors affecting Fiserv's strategy and business objectives
* Perform comprehensive deep-dive research, fact gathering and analysis of country or business level risks and changes in the business or external environment
* Provide appropriate support and mentorship to address business queries or evaluation of internal & external audits of Fiserv's risk management framework and internal controls
* Dependent on experience deputise for the Risk Director
* Demonstrate dedication to Fiserv's code of conduct and values:
* Earn client trust every day
* Build with Purpose
* Encourage and achieve excellence
* Do the right thing
* Deliver on the promise of one Fiserv
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
* 3+ years' risk management experience in a financial institution or payments processor
* Risk management certification / qualification preferable
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
* Experience of payments, merchant acquiring, card issuing services, and new payment methods preferred.
* Ability to adjust quickly to new demands, assimilate a vast array of information and shape priorities.
* Ability to collaborate in a team based environment across functional subject areas and lines of business.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Proactive and able to prioritize self and work.
* A sense of urgency, assertiveness, and candor.
* Proven track record to communicate effectively in English at all levels both orally and in writing.
* Basildon, can be flexible but the role will require regular time in the office. Occasional travel maybe required within EMEA
Who We Are:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren't thinking about "financial services" But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We're Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company's approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE??? 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer