The Audit Risk Recruitment Company* (ARRC) has been mandated by our client, a global insurance business, to assist in their search for a Risk Manager.
You will assist in leading risk activities across several UK subsidiaries, as well as supporting the enhancement and delivery of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, aligned with management, regulatory and requirements across multiple brands.
You will proactively form productive relationships and work closely with key stakeholders across the organisation, to embed a risk aware culture as well as ensuring qualitative risk and key processes are effectively implemented and reported regularly, while helping to challenge and deliver valuable risk insights to Management and the Board.
Reporting into the Head of Risk, the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Enhancing and monitoring risk identification and assessment processes across multiple business areas
- Developing effective Management and Board reporting in addition to ORSA’s
- Effective communication and engagement with Regulators on a variety of topics across our UK Group.
- Providing oversight and challenge to the divisional and business outputs and ensuring that appropriate action is taken to continuously improve how risk initiatives are implemented and managed.
- Implementation of risk management tools, standards and guidelines
- Ensuring that process owners maintain complete and accurate process documentation as required
- Leading targeted risk based projects via virtual and agile teams across multiple locations.
- Representing the Risk function a various committees and forums, both internally and externally
Proven management experience in second Line risk management, governance or a quality assurance functions, including
- Degree and / or recognised professional qualification in Risk Management, Insurance, Accounting or equivalent
- Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management methodologies and Governance frameworks.
- Experience of balancing prudent risk management and to enable the business to achieve its objectives whilst adhering to risk appetite.
- Experience of persuading and building relationships with senior managers and other senior stakeholders outside of own reporting line to change their point of view
- Technical understanding of key insurance processes
Apply for Risk Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly