Senior Operational Risk and Control Officer
Fixed Term Contract - 6 Month Duration
Support the Operational Risk Manager with the day to day management of the Ops Risk Team to manage the control testing programme and to drive improvements across the risk framework and governance standards within Operations. To support the Risk Officers with day to day activities and acting as an escalation / reference point for guidance on complex issues.
What you'll be doing
1. To develop and execute the day to day completion of the scheduled control assurance testing programme, conducting first line assurance activity through the testing, production and improvement of key controls within Operational areas.
2. To lead the Ops Risk and Controls Coordinators team, co-ordinating and facilitating their output & performance and working closely with internal Senior Stakeholders to prioritise workload and target activity using a risk based approach.
3. To support the Operational Risk and Controls Manager with the running of the Operational Risk team in Operational Assurance, acting as an escalation point for the Risk Officers for guidance & coaching on complex issues or decisions requiring judgement, experience, and expertise.
4. To lead the Operational Risk team in the absence of the Operational Risk & Controls Manager & to represent the ORCM in operational meetings and forums with appropriate delegated authority.
5. To support the Operational Risk and Controls Manager in ensuring written output of the team (eg governance reports, stakeholder MI, ad-hoc risk assessments etc) meets the internal standards.
6. Support first line colleagues with the identification, assessment and management of operational risk in line with the risk management framework.
7. Build effective working relationships with second & third line colleagues as appropriate and support first line colleagues with the completion of audits, thematic reviews etc.
8. Drive the completion of Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) reviews with process owners (Directors/Heads of Department/Process Owners) where required.
9. Provide challenge & support to first line process owners with the identification, management and closure of operational risk incidents.
10. Drive development of the Coordinators through the provision of training and coaching & in line with Lowell principles.
11. Support (where necessary) the facilitation and completion of either Impacting Customer Events or Socially Impacting Events to ensure appropriate, effective and timely remedial work is undertaken by the first line business areas.
What you'll need to bring
- Practical working knowledge gained within an operational risk management or Senior Officer role preferably within the Financial Services sector.
- Line management experience.
- Sound understanding of industry regulations in particular TCF/ Conduct Risk and concepts.
- Ability to establish and develop strong working relationships gained through previous stakeholder, team or client management.
- Good decision making, questioning and influencing skills.
- Excellent communicator skills both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical skills including software such as excel.
- Practical experience of working with operational risk frameworks or tools
- Experience of report writing
How do we say thank you?
You have a huge impact on our success and our rewards reflect this. With us you'll get:
- A competitive salary and annual pay reviews
- A on target bonus
- 3% flexible benefits; whether you're into fitness or extra holidays, there's something for you
- 25 days holiday!!
- Our on-site subsidised restaurant serves great food all day.
- Cancel your gym membership we have one onsite, it's free!
- Keep your travel costs down with a free shuttle bus from Leeds City Centre.
Once you get here, you'll still be going places. We really want to work with you to make your career what you want it to be, so we offer a load of different opportunities to help you develop.
If this role sounds like the one for you, join the Lowell family and take the first step in starting your career. We can't wait to speak to you!..... click apply for full job details