Model Risk Analyst
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* have been mandated by our client, a leading commodities broker, to assist in their search for a Model Risk Analyst. My client has a fantastic reputation for providing an exciting and collegiate environment in which to work.
This is a high profile position that requires a combination of technical quantitative skills as well qualitative skills, such as interacting with the regulator as well as other risk teams.
You will join a newly built model risk function and be responsible for model validation across market credit and liquidity risk. You will have at least 3 years of expertise in this field within a Financial Services environment.
- Validation of the models and methodologies used to manage Financial Risk (Market, Credit and Liquidity) to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and industry best practice. Monitor and report on subsequent actions undertaken by the first line risk team.
- Assist with the development of model performance tests and associated reporting and oversight.
- Ownership of financial risk policies including annual reviews of compliance and associated oversight of any change and developments to policy consistent with LME Clear Risk appetite statement (RAS).
- Ensure regular review of models in accordance with” model risk governance framework”, associated testing and regular assessment that model achieves methodology goals and to ensure that the use and categorisation remains appropriate and consistent with Group standards.
- Test model implementation in production environment and department tools.
- Oversight and reporting of outstanding action items on the risk department through a combination of self-assessments, internal audits, regulatory thematic reviews and annual validations.
Educational Background / Qualifications
- Completion of Masters degree (ideally Mathematics or science related topics)
- Studying towards or completed a PhD
- Completion of studying towards CFA or equivalent
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a quantitative role at a Financial Services company with a focus on the modelling and risk management of Derivative products
- Knowledge of market, credit and liquidity risk models and industry best practice
- Experience of working with a “model risk framework” in a financial institution.
Skills set and Core Competencies:
- Data science experience with Python, R and SQL, other languages a plus.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Power BI
- Confident communicator both verbally and in written form. The successful candidate will need to have strong influence across the organisation and will need to communicate complex risk problems to senior management and broader audiences where required.
- Familiarity and knowledge of regulatory environment, including
- EMIR – the European Market Infrastructure Regulation
- European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) draft Regulatory technical standards
- CPSS/IOSCO Recommendations
*The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company – Experts in Audit and Risk!
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Risk Management Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Risk Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Analytics Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Data Analytics Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)