Head of Operational Risk – Investment Bank
We are recruiting for an Investment Bank looking for a Head of Operational Risk to join their London Office. The role will also be responsible for the Climate Risk framework and have exposure to some additional overseas offices.
- Ensure key operational risks across the business are identified, assessed, monitored and mitigated on a timely and objective basis.
- Ensure risk event reports are timely, accurate and include relevant remedial actions.
- Ensure completion of strategic risk assessments with associated KRI development and risk mitigating action plans.
- Provide regular management information on operational risk to Risk governance committees and senior management to provide a full understanding of the operational risk status and enable the appropriate actions to be taken.
- Ensure timely and quality operational risk input into regulatory reporting (eg, ICAAP, CRD IV).
- Perform scenario analysis and Reverse Stress Testing.
- Updating the Climate Risk Policy and Framework to include the latest regulatory requirements
- Ensure and promote operational risk best practice through clear articulation of the policies and methodology and maintaining an effective internal relationship network with key stakeholders.
- At least 7 years Operational Risk experience from within a similar investment banking business.
- Strong technical knowledge of both operational & climate risk.
- Educated to degree level ideally
- Comfortable working in a stand-alone role utilising additional support across the relevant business areas.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbally.
The CLARC Guarantee - we 100% guarantee that your CV will never be sent to a client without your prior expressed permission so all of your details are totally secure with us.