Operational Risk Management - Policy Professional
Discover ING Tech Romania:
ING Tech Romania is ING’s global hub for technology established in 2015. Focused on building strategic key capabilities, the hub provides approximately 90 services for more than 18 countries and business units within ING Group in the following main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance and audit.
Now, in 2020, our fast-growing organization gathers more than 900 high-performing engineers that work together in global tribes
ING Global ORM Center (IGOC) mission is to provide:
- Support to Corporate Operational Risk Management (CORM) in managing and conducting the operational risk management function (ORM) within ING Bank as described and defined in the ORM Charter
- Control-oriented qualitative activities (Second Line Monitoring) towards ING entities globally.
Policies is one of four teams within CORM. This department provides strategic guidance on operational risk governance documents and regulations. Responsibilities include writing, coordinating and updating pragmatic governance documents in line with regulations and/or internal risk policy; building and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders and industry associations; actively contributing to shaping new regulations; communicating operational risk policies and regulations throughout the organization, providing guidance and advice to internal stakeholders.
IGOC is looking for an ORM Professional, whose primary role will be to support the Policies team within CORM.
You will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to review and update the governance documents of Corporate Operational Risk Management (CORM) and coordinate and write and steer new documents through the approval process to implementation. These documents include policies, procedures, guidance documents and committee charters and cover all elements of ING’s Non-Financial Risk Framework, like risk identification, risk mitigation, key control testing and second line monitoring plus specialized topics like sourcing and the new product approval process. The candidate will also provide advice and support to internal stakeholders and senior management on a broad range of operational risk topics. You will be expected to keep abreast of non-financial risk related regulatory developments.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated team-player to be part of IGOC team who has the following characteristics:
- Prior work experience in banking, a consultancy company, supervisor or regulator with a focus on non-financial risk related regulatory advice is ideal.
- Broad knowledge of banking products.
- Excellent language and communication skills, with emphasis on writing clear, succinct and well-structured documents in English.
- Focused, self-driven and results oriented.
- Analytical with the ability to think broadly but also with attention to detail.
- Affinity and interest in non-financial risk topics as well as the regulatory environment.
- Open and flexible team player.
- Flexible person with a hands-on mentality and result oriented
- University degree;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Willing to travel internationally, if needed.
Your work environment:
- Flexible working schedule, which usually includes two days of WFH, but because we can adapt to any situation, we work fully remote for the moment;
- Extra vacation days, depending on your entire working experience;
- We encourage personal and professional development, so we invest in your learning and certifications;
- Because everybody is working from home and we really understand that is not always easy, we have built a program which includes free online internal events that can help you manage this stressful period;
- We also have a cool community and your colleagues will help you to integrate fast;
- We support each other, and we share our work and passions on an online Tech Neighborhood;
- When we will be back at the office, a relaxing environment will be awaiting, with a flexible desk policy that allows you to work from an office desk, but also from a couch or from the terrace;
- And when you will need a break, you can have a tea from Teapigs and/or a coffee from Nespresso which you can enjoy on the terrace while reading a book from Bookster;
- But because we work fully remote, we can now enjoy our chairs and monitors from work – at home, reading a book from Bookster while our live DJ sets plays you chillaxing music.