Risk and Compliance Officer (0,5 FTE)
As Risk & Compliance Officer (0,5 FTE) you have an independent function within EPS. You will be responsible for stimulating, monitoring and controlling the (trends in) laws, regulations, internal rules – including the Code of Conduct – and ethical standards that are relevant to the integrity and, hence, to the reputation of EPS. Exact Payment Services (EPS) is incorporated to deliver payment initiation and account information services to Exact’s customers. EPS has a license as a payment institution from the Dutch Central Bank (DNB), specifically for rendering services 7 and 8. To ensure that we continuously comply with laws and regulations applicable to payment institutions, EPS is looking for a Risk & Compliance Officer.
You will be responsible to ensure as much as reasonably possible that EPS and its employees comply with the relevant laws, regulations and ethical standards, and to provide reasonable assurance thereof to the Board. To this end you will be:
- Formulating policies on sound and ethical business operations, including client due diligence and transaction monitoring
- A trusted advisor of the board for risk and compliance
- Ensuring that business operations meet the legal and compliance and risk requirements, and thereby ensuring that the organization operates in compliance with the Financial Supervision Act (WFT)
- Identifying changes in legislation and regulations that have an impact on the product proposition and the business operations
- Providing risk & compliance training and awareness
- Supporting the organization, management and employees in managing risks, for example by supporting the board in setting up, maintaining and executing EPS’s control framework;
- Maintaining contacts with regulators (e.g. DNB, AFM and AP) industry associations and the like.
You will act independent from the first line business operations, including IT, finance and commerce. To be able to perform your work you will have access to all information, information systems and people that he/she deems necessary to have access to for a proper performance of the function. You will report directly to the chair of the board of managing Directors of EPS.
As EPS is still in its start-up phase, the function is currently a part time (0.5 FTE) position.
Your personal profile is characterized by qualities of discretion, objectivity, independence and professionalism. You build relationships naturally with all levels in the organization. You have experience to remain effective and are a trusted advisor in a dynamic organization. You can evidence organizational skills and are able to prioritize high volume mix of steady tasks and ad-hoc cases.
Who you are
- At least 3 years of experience with the various compliance and risk topics in a role as Compliance Officer at a payment institution or a comparable role or sector
- Relevant knowledge of payments
- A completed higher education, preferably a university degree
- Knowledge and experience with regulations like WFT, Wwft, SW, GDPR
- Practical knowledge on risk methods and techniques
- You are fluent in Dutch (verbal and written) and have advanced English skills
What we offer
- A competitive salary and outstanding benefits, based on 0,5 FTE;
- Now working from home, but normally a cool and nice, modern international working environment;
- A modern pension scheme;
- Great colleagues whom will challenge you and promise to sharpen your brain;
- Meaningful training sessions that help you to fulfil your full career potential;
- A (virtual) fitness room to release all left-over energy and adrenaline.
Who we are
Exact combines the energy of a startup with the benefits of a multinational. We think actions speak louder than words and continuously strive for innovation; technical as well as personal. Each day again, we challenge ourselves and each other to be better than the day before. There’s never a dull moment at Exact.
Exact has an open and welcoming culture in which anybody can have impact. We value ideas by their merit, not by their source. New opinions, people and principles keep our minds flexible, while we stay committed to our mission of empowering SME’s to be the driving force of the global economy. Please apply using the 'Apply' button.
You'll be hearing from us soon.
More searches like this
- Advisory Technology, ICT & Telecoms €60,000 - €69,999 jobs in Europe
- Assurance Technology, ICT & Telecoms €60,000 - €69,999 jobs in Europe
- Compliance Technology, ICT & Telecoms €60,000 - €69,999 jobs in Europe
- Risk Analysis Technology, ICT & Telecoms €60,000 - €69,999 jobs in Europe
- Risk Management Technology, ICT & Telecoms €60,000 - €69,999 jobs in Europe