ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward-thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 50+ countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently looking for a Risk Specialist to join our Corporate Assurance team on a 1-year fixed term contract, based in our London office.
Reporting to the Risk Manager, on a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Providing support, advice and challenge to first line functions globally in relation to the management of Strategic, Operational, Compliance and Reputational risks
- Developing good working relationships and working closely with risk co-ordinators to continually improve and enhance the risk management process, providing expert advice as required
- Supporting the Risk Manager with enhancing and embedding the global Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Developing, designing and delivering risk management training and awareness workshops in order to further embed the risk management process across the organisation
- Monitoring, evaluating and challenging ACCA’s control environment through collaboration with colleagues in the Corporate Assurance team (which includes Internal Audit, Legal and Information Security)
- Providing subject matter expertise for the business-wide risk management system (Protecht ERM), advising and helping teams and individuals with any related queries, trainings and system walkthroughs
- Supporting with the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports for submission to senior leadership – Executive Team, Audit Committee and Council Board
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has proven risk management experience gained from working in a 2nd line of defence risk management role
- Has an ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders whilst inspiring confidence through a clear, concise and supportive approach
- Has an understanding of the key risks facing a global organisation
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of Enterprise Risk Management principles and their practical application
- Has excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and challenge effectively and confidently at all levels within the organisation
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including private healthcare, pension, life assurance, employee assistance programme and Nudge (a financial wellbeing platform)
- Customisable benefits including health assessments, healthcare cash plan, dental cover, gadget insurance and much, much more
- Flexible working arrangements to support work/life balance (our UK offices are currently closed until 2021 so we're all working 100% remotely)
Interested in this role? Click Apply to submit your application.