Manager, Risk & Controls
Manager Risk & Controls - NY, USA
Salary - $130k
KPP Search is currently working with a global leading company that is seeking a Risk & Controls Manager to join their new US headquarters in New York. This is an ideal position if you like to gain exposure to various departments within the vital core business functions in addition to engaging with the highest-ranked stakeholders around the world. This is an exceptional opportunity to become independent in a fast-paced environment in a very prominent industry.
This role provides a great opportunity for you to take ownership of the department as you will be setting up a new governance structure with limited supervision, whilst reporting to the CFO. This company has an exceptional upward trajectory in terms of career progression as you can progress naturally, rotate into the business and/or move to over 50 countries after two years.
- Creating and implementing a fit for purpose control framework.
- Managing relationships with relevant financial functions with respect to the assurance and ERM agenda.
- Within these assigned global functions, supporting corporate line management in:
- The identification of risks and mitigating actions (e.g., via workshops and/or continuous communications);
- Training on control awareness, execution and documentation requirements;
- Monitoring, supporting and reporting on the design /operating effectiveness of their internal controls, including the resolution of control issues and findings.
- Manage the quarterly Management Report on Internal Control (MRIC) reporting process.
- Manage the semi-annual ERM assessment.
- Participate in a variety of ad-hoc projects which require risk assessment exercises or design/implementation of temporary and permanent internal controls.
- Master degree in finance or accounting. Registered Accountant, CPA or equivalent.
- Able to apply knowledge to complex projects and processes.
- A self-starter who is able to execute deliverables against provided guidance.
- Good communication and persuasion skills. Ability to work and communicate with colleagues across all parts of the organization and with senior management.
- A critical and analytical mindset, with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- 6+ years relevant audit/assurance experience in either a Big, CPG or Retail company. IT audit knowledge is a plus.
For more information please apply