Senior Risk Manager
Senior Risk Manager
£65,000 - £85,000 + £8,000 car allowance + 10% company pension + on target bonus 30% up to 60% + Flexible Benefits
Wythall B47 6WG
As one of the UK’s Top Employers, we have brought together businesses with long, successful histories and many strengths. More than ever, people need help and guidance from a company which is simple to deal and who they trust. And that’s where you come in.
We’re currently recruiting for a Senior Risk Manager to join our Heritage Division. You will play a leading role in helping senior stakeholders manage their risks and improve their controls. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a plan of Line 1 Assurance reviews, highlighting areas where risk is not managed within appetite, identifying potential areas of improved efficiency and proactively look to share best practice.
You will also support adherence to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) through facilitating delivery of annual policy refreshes, quarterly risk and control assessments and reporting through governance. You will represent the Heritage Risk Function on various governance fora and maintain strong relationships with Group Risk and Group Audit.
This is a rare opportunity to join a function with a broad scope across all areas of the Heritage Division. Working with Business & Senior Leaders, you will provide assurance over the effectiveness of the Risk Management Framework, Governance and Internal Controls through delivery of risk champion and Line 1 assurance activities.
- Develop and deliver a risk-based plan for Line 1 Assurance Activity, working in conjunction with the Line 1 Risk Owners, with flexibility to react to the changing needs of the business.
- Produce high quality Line 1 Assurance reviews which identify key areas of control weakness and / or operational inefficiencies and make value-add & pragmatic recommendations. These reviews can be relied upon by Lines 2 & 3 thus avoiding duplication.
- Develop and maintain credible, trusted and influential relationships with senior stakeholders across Lines 1, 2 and 3.
- As a Risk Champion for Heritage– you will help develop and embed the Risk & Control Management Frameworks which includes:
- Maintaining Group Policy’s owned by these areas;
- Influencing Group Policies which are owned by other areas of the business but which have an impact on these areas;
- Accurate, complete and timely assessment & reporting of risks and controls, highlighting key issues / trends;
- Where risks are reported outside of appetite / controls are not operating satisfactorily, assessing rectification actions to ensure that they will appropriately address the issue and monitoring progress, escalating where these are not tracking to agreed plans;
- Developing and monitoring appropriate Key Risk Indicators;
- Tracking & reporting on key assurance actions that are owned by, or impact, the Heritage Division. Pro-actively review and challenge progress against these actions to provide assurance that agreed target dates will be met. Where delays are likely to occur, highlight these on a timely basis and work with the relevant area to ascertain what remedial actions are required;
- Provide risk and control support, guidance and expertise to senior stakeholders.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience of operating at senior management level within an Internal Audit / Line 2 or Line 1 Risk team.
- Understanding of current best practice in Auditing & Risk Management.
- Ability to Influence senior stakeholders.
- Experience of driving change to mitigate risk.
- Ability to communicate information, ideas, plans, requests and opinions clearly and effectively in writing and verbally.
- Continuously maintaining and developing technical knowledge and applying this in conjunction with business strategy in order to provide high quality review, challenge and advice.
- Qualified Accountant / Internal Auditor
What We Offer
Bring your ‘whole self’, skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we’ll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We’ll ensure you’re rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we’re a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It’s our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people’s stories, our values and our commitment to diversity.
Online Interviews and Onboarding
All our interviews, onboarding and new joiners are now managed remotely. We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us.
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We’ve businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife’s market leading Guaranteed Over 50’s plan?
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
Closing date for applications: 25th May 2021
More searches like this
- Assurance Insurance £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Insurance £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Insurance £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Insurance £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Insurance £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom