(Senior) Credit Risk Reporting Officer
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate (RM) – Operations Department (OPE) – OPE Policy and Implementation Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Credit Risk Reporting Officer (*). This is a full time position at grade 5/6.
The Policy and Implementation Unit supports the RM/OPE Department in the implementation of the Bank’s credit risk strategy in the lending portfolio and associated process improvements in order to mitigate business risk and/or maximise operational efficiency and quality
As (Senior) Credit Risk Reporting Officer, you will lead the implementation of OPE’s credit risk reporting framework and develop, implement and maintain regular credit risk reports and analytics in order to provide decision makers with a qualitative assessment and appropriate understanding of the evolution of the Bank’s credit portfolio.
Reporting to the Head of the Policy and Implementation Unit, you will develop a strong, positive working relationship with colleagues across the Department and RM, as well as with other transversal teams including notably the front office, portfolio monitoring, financial control and the European Investment Fund (EIF).
- Develop and/or coordinate the production of credit risk reports and analytics under Unit’s remit, within set deadlines while preserving the accuracy of the assessment
- Coordinate RM/OPE Department input and comments/opinions for the EIB’s Group Risk Report and other credit risk reports
- Drive the design and implementation of credit risk reports/analytics under Unit’s remit in terms of architecture and content as to ensure overall consistency and alignment/relevant link to the EIB’s Group Risk Report
- Enhance and manage the implementation of the credit risk reporting framework to ensure OPE's adherence to best banking practice (including BCBS 239 principles) for the reports under its remit
- Respond and/ or provide input to ad-hoc/non-recurrent/complex analysis, presentations and written communications on specific matters to management or external bodies, as required
- Represent the Department in inter-department projects and/or Bank-wide working groups related to his/her responsibility.
- Ensure back-up of tasks in the credit risk reporting activities of the Unit in line with accountabilities and calendar.
- University degree in Finance / Economics or other relevant academic background
- Significant relevant professional experience, ideally in a in credit risk management, or credit risk reporting and data management role, of which at least 5 years at Officer level
- Good project and change management skills with ability to coordinate multiple tasks across various stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability to interact with senior management
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel. Knowledge of Business Objects will be an advantage
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and oral, with a good command of French (*). Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability.
We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 28th of May 2021. Panel interviews are anticipated for June 2021
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
Please apply via the 'Apply' button.