IT Risk Lead/Manager – Great Culture! Cardiff/Remote to £80K plus shares/great bens
This major group operates several ”household name” brands, serves over 7 million customers and has shown consistent growth in revenue and profits over the last 10 years through investments in acquisitions, new products and services to become the successful multinational group it is today. A big part of this growth is down to its genuinely unique culture which has won them independent employee-voted awards. The busines puts their customers and their employees first, with a progressive, open, honest, values-led and fun (no suits!) culture where diversity, work-life balance and flexible working are embraced, ideas are shared, challenge and change is encouraged and people are valued.
With the business increasing its focus and investment in technology risk management, a new Group-level Technology and Security Risk team has been set up reporting to the CRO. The team provides high-level oversight, innovation, stakeholder engagement and advice to develop the Technology and Security Risk strategy and to support the Risk teams within the individual business units.
As part of the Second Line function reporting in to the Group Head of Technology and Cyber Security Risk, you will be key to ensuring that senior leadership have the right information to enable informed and risk aware decisions to be made. Key to your success will be building effective relationships with the individual Business Unit risk and technology teams and championing the safe and effective use of technology and data within the businesses. As this is a newly created “Greenfield” opportunity, it does not currently have any direct reports – though it is anticipated that this will change as the role grows. The team is based in South Wales and full remote flexibility is available - though you are likely to be required to attend meetings in the office c2-4 days per month.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading Group Technology Risk liaison with each business including defining the Group’s Technology Risk exposure and challenging/continuous development/articulation of risk appetite statements
- Promoting Technology Risk management as part of the wider Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) processes, improving awareness and understanding across the Group Define the Group’s Technology risk exposure
- Developing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships across the Group
- Facilitating the consolidation and monitoring of technology risks vs risk appetite, KRIs and loss data across the Group
- Producing reports and recommendations on Technology risk topics as required for Group Committees/Board
- Providing advice to guide and support new propositions, products or areas of business expansion
- Horizon scanning potential external emerging Technology Risks and provide an analysis of potential impacts to the business
- Keeping up-to-date on current/leading industry practices on managing Technology Risk, and lead/implement change where needed within the development plan
As the ideal candidate for this opportunity, you will:
- Have strong subject matter expertise with a minimum of 5-6 years in Technology Risk Management - preferably within a financial services or similar regulated sector environment.
- Have a demonstrable track record of achievement in identifying, developing and improving technology risk assessment and reporting practices
- Be a proven agent for change with the confidence, communication and relationship-building skills to positively engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Have the initiative and pro-activity to take effective and informed decisions based on good judgment and a sound understanding of the business and it’s risks
- Have the planning and organisational skills to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to tackle issues and problems and collaborate in a fast-growing organisation
On offer is a fantastic package including a base salary to c£80,000, a free shares scheme (worth £3,600 per year), an additional share scheme, dividends, bonus, matched pension, free gym, life assurance, discount schemes plus more! PLEASE NOTE: You MUST have the right to work within the UK to be considered for this opportunity as sponsorship of work visas is not available.
Apply for IT Risk Lead/Manager – Great Culture! Cardiff/Remote to £80K plus shares/great bens
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly