Head of Operational Risk
The Audit Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* has been mandated by our client, an award-winning Financial Services Business, to assist in their search for a Head of Operational Risk.
There is flexible working on offer with this position but there is an expectation to be in the office 2-3 days a week depending on schedule.
This newly created position will suit an Operational Risk professional looking to lead a team (therefore prior managerial experience is needed) as well as taking ownership of the Risk Management Framework, as well as being the key driver of embedding risk culture into the wider business (including international scope).
Reporting into the CRO, and working closely with the wider group entities, this is an integral role where you are responsible for building out the risk framework and embedding a strong risk culture into the business.
You will be responsible for operational incidents and breaches, looking at root cause analysis as well as risk reporting. As well as this, you will be responsible for embedding risk culture into the business by adopting an approachable and problem-solving approach to stakeholders, and being involved in strategic projects.
The position will offer wide exposure to C-Suite executives and the Trustee Board who are very active within the business and there is an expectation to regularly present at executive level. Therefore stakeholder influencing is essential to this position.
- Significant Operational Risk Experience within a regulatory environment (This must include significant experience of setting up operational risk frameworks)
- In depth understanding of risk management best practice
- Dealing with Risk Events and Operational Risk Reporting
- Significant Experience working within an operational risk role within the financial services industry
- Critical thinking, with a challenging mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to generate clear and innovative risk material to inform and engage stakeholders
- Experience working with an Operational risk/GRC system
- Proven ability to work within a business to enhance risk management capability
- Risk qualifications such as ERM or IRM are beneficial but not essential
*The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk
Apply for Head of Operational Risk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly