My client is an innovative, acquisitive and ambitious market leader in their field. They are extremely people focussed, and as part of their growth plan are looking to recruit a Risk Manager.
You will take responsibility for the Enterprise risk management framework, ensuring it is fit for purpose, embedded across the organisation and risk awareness is communicated. You will be responsible for ensuring a control framework exists that demonstrates whether these risks are managed within risk appetite and in accordance with regulatory expectations. You will be responsible for the Corporate Risk Register and BCP.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for maintaining the group’s risk management framework, policies, processes and systems to ensure effective risk oversight that meets regulatory requirements. This includes the roll-out of control self-assessment.
- Embed a risk culture and risk management practices that are focused on helping the organisation to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Oversee an effective framework for the identification, management and resolution of risk events reported across the organisation, working with key stakeholders on the highest priority risk events.
- Provide guidance on all aspects of risk management and categories of risk, assessing emerging internal and external threats and opportunities.
- Monitor risk information provided from risk and control data and from business areas, challenging the adequacy and completeness of the information generated, driving recommendations for improvement and obtaining management agreement to their implementation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the firm and its group entities.
- Relevant risk management qualification (IRM or equivalent) and/or significant experience of risk management techniques (operational, business continuity, conduct, strategic etc) in a large to medium sized enterprise.
- A confident communicator at senior management level.
- Highly developed stakeholder management expertise.