Director of Risk Management
Take your career to the next level in a role that changes your life and others.
Cygnet Healthcare is a place to go beyond your potential. It’s where people come to innovate, grow, flourish and reap the rewards of a career that helps change lives. We’re dynamic, out-of-the-box thinkers and doers with the passion and compassion to make a big difference.
We’re seeking a Director of Risk Management who’s ready to embrace an exciting new challenge. A strong leader who’s passionate about ensuring the safety of all our clients and colleagues. Thanks to you, everyone in the Cygnet community will enjoy a safe environment that has a positive impact on the quality of our care. Please note the location for this position is flexible but some travel to Head Office in London will be required at times.
Being part of Cygnet is life-changing – for our colleagues and the people who receive our mental health and social care services. We’re not just a team, we’re a community of like-minded people coming together to make life better – and feeling proud of the part we all play in that.
And at Cygnet, our perks go far beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development. You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
So if you have the vision and ambition to build a challenging, fulfilling career, we want to hear from you.
Your key responsibilities…
- Identify health and safety risks through the use of data, institutional & industry knowledge, and by engaging, clients, colleagues & external stakeholders
- Lead on company safety initiatives such as targets for the reduction of violence & aggression
- Analyse & monitor information relating to slips, trips, falls & RIDDORs
- Provide guidance to reduce & minimise incidents & escalate company risk
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation at all times, including COSHH, Workplace Risk Assessment & Control of Infection
- Work with the Quality Assurance & Quality Improvement teams & have an overview of complaints & claims
- Management & maintenance of medical devices & medical device registers
- Embody company values & encourage others to use the behaviours identified for each value
- Commission investigations into serious incidents & liaise with external stakeholders, company lawyers & any affected parties
- Participate in particular investigations using tried and tested root cause analysis methodologies where necessary.
We are seeking someone with…
- Experience of coordinating projects in complex & challenging environments
- Experience in health or social care
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, diplomatic & negotiation skills
- Strong leadership qualities & the ability to inspire
- An understanding of regulated organisations
- Commercial & business insight, including creating & managing budgets
- Good understanding of risk appetite, mitigation & controls
- Experience in creating policy & developing risk frameworks
- Strong experience within a senior risk & compliance role
- Integrity, objectivity & the ability to challenge at all levels.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- A competitive salary and car allowance
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays – and a day off for your birthday!
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- Pension scheme & company paid life assurance scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing you with fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks.
Closing date: Friday 20 August 2021
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.