(Associate) Risk Officer – Stress Testing
- Full Time
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate – Regulation and EIB Group Risk Department, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, an (Associate) Risk Officer – Stress Testing (*). This is a full time position at grade 4/5.
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid-October 2021
The term of the contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
(*) internal benchmark: (Associate) Credit Risk Management Officer
Contribute to the maintenance, development and implementation of the EIB Group stress testing framework and the stress testing Programme, in order to keep the Bank at the forefront of market and regulatory developments in stress testing, and to comply with the internal stress testing requirements
Reporting to the Head of the soon to be created Capital Planning and Stress Testing Division, you will work in close collaboration with colleagues of the Capital Management Division, with regular contact within Risk Management and other Directorates (e.g. Front Office Lending, Funding, IT, the General Secretariat and with the European Investment Fund (EIF). You will also interact, on a case-by-case basis, with internal auditors, the Bank's Audit Committee, etc.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the annual Group Stress Testing Programme
- Contribute to the execution of the Bank and Group-wide stress test exercises as defined in the annual Group Stress Testing Programme, and of any ad-hoc stress test requests, including data preparation and reconciliation and stress test calculations for various metrics
- Perform reviews and analyses of executed stress tests (e.g. challenge existing model assumptions, standards, frameworks and methodologies) and propose changes for improvement
- Prepare the necessary information and presentations for the Stress Test Steering Committee, Management Committee or Risk Policy Committee regarding stress-testing activities
- Propose updates to the Group Stress Testing Framework or policies and procedures that define the stress testing activities, to ensure adherence with internal standards, best banking practices and regulatory requirements (BBP and EBA)
- Participate in the assessment of the impact of new business developments or new modelling initiatives on the stress testing of EIB Group risk capital metrics
- Contribute to enhancement of the stress testing IT and data infrastructure to allow the stress testing function to perform independent runs and sensitivity analyses leveraging on IT systems
- Support the management team in the coordination of the Division's work plan and regularly interface with various internal stakeholders to develop the relationships and raise awareness of the Division's stress testing activities, thereby facilitating the execution of the work plan
- Contribute to close any audit points or validation recommendations regarding stress testing
- University degree, preferably in a quantitative or other related discipline. Post-graduate studies or other relevant professional qualifications would be an advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in banking, financial services consultancy or risk management, in a stress testing or capital requirements related role
- Familiarity with the EBA Stress test methodology and bank stress testing would be an advantage
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and understanding of complex financial structures
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework and recent developments (e.g. CRR II, EBA guidelines, BIS papers) would be an advantage
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, VBA, SAS, Python, MATLAB, R or other programming languages
- Experience working with large data sets and solid IT background Sound knowledge of the MS Office pack (Word, Excel and PPT)
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good knowledge of the other.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability.
We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorised disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 19th September 2021