Credit Risk Analyst
We are delighted to offer a unique and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative and fast-growing company within Financial Services. If you enjoy working in a vibrant organisation which embraces data science and are truly customer-focussed but want something different than the usual Banking environment, then this is an opportunity for you. Our client is a fintech consumer lender who are well established (over 6 years old and already lent GBP200m+) and heading for huge growth over the coming years following significant investment. They have big plans to disrupt and become the dominant force in UK consumer credit using a data-led approach to everything they do.
The purpose of the Credit Risk Analyst role is to support the growing Credit Risk team, reporting into the Credit Risk Manager. This role will help with ensuring that the Credit Risk team are able to perform optimally in meeting their strategic, operational and regulatory targets. This is a small team currently, so every member of the team has a key role to play and will gain exposure to a wide range of credit risk opportunities.
Part of their strategy is to automate every function in the business, so that they can transact significantly higher volume with a much smaller team; they intend to reach almost GBP1bn a year of lending with only ~120 people in the team and are building a team of mathematicians and engineers rather than a team of administrators and operators.
Key responsibilities of the Credit Risk Analyst include:
- Providing analysis and insight into the Credit Risk profile and maintaining a robust reporting suite
- Generation of key management information to support business direction and ensure Risk Appetite objectives are met
- Produce periodic Reporting and Management Information in a timely and accurate manner
- Investigate and resolve a broad range of credit risk and data quality issues, collaborating with their development team and external parties where necessary
- Use statistical analysis and modelling techniques to understand, along with commercial acumen, to interpret results and produce actionable recommendations
- A graduate with a degree or higher in a numeric discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Economics)
- Ability to interpret complex data and apply numerical techniques is key, and familiarity with statistical methods is expected
- A love for data and knowledge of how to manipulate it with different tools such as SQL, PHP, Python or R
- Ability to work on your own initiative, identifying areas of focus, with prioritisation of own workload is necessary. Strong communication skills with the ability to present data to non-technical audience
- A genuine interest in start-ups and the tech industry
- Experience working with a financial services company would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience in Tableau would be advantageous but not essential
They are looking to create a diverse team with a range of complementary skill sets. The ideal candidate will have a creative spirit, be a good problem solver and with a keen interest in analytics, and a great attitude towards their own work and team goals.