Model Risk Oversight Manager
At Yorkshire Building Society we pride ourselves on being a mutual organisation that helps people achieve their real life goals – we call it providing Real Help with Real Life. We have ambitious plans to achieve this, and are looking for equally ambitious people with energy, talent and a drive to excel.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Model Risk Oversight Manager to join our Risk team at our head office in Leeds. You’ll act as a subject matter expert on all model risk thematic reviews used across the Society including key areas such as Credit Risk, Financial Forecasting and Balance Sheet Management to support the delivery of the Prudential Risk Oversight Plan.
Join us and Be Your Brilliant Self!
What You'll Do
- Deliver the thematic Model Risk reviews applying expertise to conduct reviews which deliver insightful, accurate and meaningful findings to support the 2LoD Model Risk Business Partner & Oversight Manager. This includes assessing the appropriateness of data, conceptual soundness of the model methodology, whether the model has been appropriately validated and whether the model is regulatory compliant.
- Responsible for leading the engagement with key business stakeholders and divisions on thematic reviews.
- Provide clear advice, challenge and expertise on a range of complex issues right up to Chief Officer level.
- Attend MRP/MRC to present material findings or escalate areas of dispute. In some instances findings may be escalated to ERC/GRC (the designated Board Risk Committee).
- Play a leading role in developing robust oversight practices, identifying new approaches that should be embedded and taking personal ownership for implementing necessary changes to drive forward the capability and effectiveness of the Prudential Risk department.
- Deputise for the Model Risk Business Partner & Oversight Manager when required.
- Background within a risk management function in the Banking Sector.
- Good understanding of modelling techniques and approaches in particular Retail Credit/IRB, ALM and Finance.
- Must be able to understand complex ideas quickly and be comfortable to provide constructive challenge supported by sound logic.
- Excellent communication skills, in particular in translating technical concepts and facts into clear understandable written reports for commercial and operational colleagues.
- Able to work independently, have strong time management skills and work within an agreed oversight framework.
- Experience in performing an oversight role would be advantageous.
Life at YBS
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you…
- Flexibility – Whether it’s picking up the kids from school or catching that early morning yoga session we have you covered.
- Celebrating Success – From everyday thank you cards, to our annual ‘Raising the Roof’ gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners we acknowledge our colleagues successes no matter how big or small.
- Giving Back – Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!
- Inclusivity - We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
If you’ve got a background in Risk and reviewing financial models, and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting business then why not join us?
Our people are our heart and soul; we’re commercial and caring, big enough to offer you a challenge and small enough for you to make a real impact. We’re devoted to putting people first and doing the right thing by providing real help with real life.
We’d love to hear from you so why not apply today and be Your Brilliant Self!
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Intelligence Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom