Manager - Risk Transformation
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
At BDO Risk Advisory Services, we are enhancing the portfolio of risk management services we deliver to our clients, augmenting our risk solutions with strategic and forward-looking methodologies. In the Risk Transformation practice, we support our clients in finding solutions to their risk challenges using a strategic lens. We approach enterprise-wide risk management as a critical component of business strategy and decision-making, and aid our clients in transitioning their risk functions to become business enablers who apply integrated risk methodologies to protect, grow and innovate their organisations.
Our broad service areas include:
- Risk Strategy – creating a shared risk vision for the enterprise, creating a risk strategy to deliver the risk vision and providing a risk roadmap to guide this strategy
- Risk Operating Model – developing target risk operating models covering risk framework, policies, procedures, controls, roles and capabilities, leadership, and digital enablers
- Risk Management Framework – assisting in the articulation, implementation and embedding of an enterprise-wide risk management framework from the design through to core deliverable mapping to training and upskilling of relevant capabilities
The role entails the management of three key areas within the Risk Transformation practice:
Proposition development –
You will be joining the Risk Transformation practice at BDO at an exciting juncture, as we tailor the fundamental methodologies to deliver our work. You will play a critical role in developing go-to-market approaches that help shape our conversations with clients – namely, how we help them articulate their risk challenges, assist in building solutions to meet those challenges and embed frameworks supporting their strategic risk management approach. You will be a key part of shaping the proposition and will be expected to confidently share the fundamentals of the propositions with internal BDO stakeholders and clients.
Business development –
As part of your role, you will be contributing to the ongoing business development and management of client relationships with support from senior team members. You will be responsible for the preparation of client information requests, proposals, RFPs, as well as the development of internal materials. You will support and lead in the delivery of internal and external presentations and webinars. You will organise and attend client meetings in your role as a representative of the Risk Transformation practice.
Project delivery –
You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of cross-functional and, where applicable, cross-jurisdictional projects. You will be expected to support senior team members in project delivery, but be capable of leading smaller projects or workstreams of bigger projects with limited oversight.
- Subject matter expertise
- A subject matter expert in risk management frameworks, with knowledge and practical experience of delivering projects focusing on:
- risk governance
- risk culture
- risk strategy
- risk roadmaps
- risk management processes
- risk capability and service models
- risk technology
- You will have a good understanding of the UK regulatory environment, preferably with a deep expertise of the regulatory landscape in one or more sectors
- Preferably, you will have a strong grounding in the design and embedding of risk target operating models
- Preferably, you will have experience with delivering risk management solutions using GRC technologies
- Project delivery skills
- Comfortable working on multidisciplinary projects and being responsible for end-to-end delivery to tight deadlines
- Experienced in undertaking internal commercial, risk and stakeholder management in a way that delivers a seamless experience to the client
- Proven track record in developing lasting client relationships
Positive personal impact that enables you to build strong stakeholder relationships – ability to confidently engage with senior stakeholders at BDO and clients on central risk issues for their industry and strategic frameworks that enable clients to understand and solve their challenges.
Proven track record of building agile teams through the development of junior colleagues
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- private medical insurance;
- cash benefits allowance;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom