Senior Internal Auditor
2 days left
- Full Time
Are you looking to add real value in your next role, working for an exciting, multi-faceted and transformational organisation that’s proud to be celebrating world class innovation in the built environment for 100 years? Do you want to join a collaborative, supportive and dynamic team where you too can be a transformational leader and make a difference? Are you craving an opportunity for your career aspirations to be nurtured and developed? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a highly motivated and agile Senior Internal Auditor who is not afraid of a challenge. You’ll be a creative problem-solver who thrives operating in a complex audit environment. You’ll become a key player within the internal audit team, gaining exposure to senior colleagues.
You’ll be working as part of a small and newly formed Risk and Internal Audit team, reporting to our Head of Risk and Internal Audit.
What does the role involve?
- Undertake end to end internal audit activity including leading on closing meetings where appropriate.
- Assist with the management of the audit actions tracker.
- Actively contribute to the development and continual improvement of the planning and delivery of the internal audit process.
- Coach, train, and provide guidance to business stakeholders to promote best practice in risk management and effective internal controls.
- Build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships at all levels of the organisation as well as with key external stakeholders (accreditation bodies, external consultants, etc.).
What skills and experience does the role need?
- Ability to assess risks and test internal controls.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- First rate written and verbal communication skills with previous report writing experience.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to understand and digest complex concepts quickly.
- Outstanding stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Extensive experience in driving change and improvement with positive results.
- Suitable internal audit qualification or similar.
- UKAS or ISO standard experience (desired).
Simply put, BRE delivers innovative and rigorous products, services, standards and qualifications which are used around the globe to make buildings better for people and for the environment. Sustainability is a key focus.
BRE offers a whole host of employee benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (including 3 for Christmas shutdown).
- Flexible hybrid working options (visits to Watford as required otherwise remote working).
- Learning and development opportunities including free access to our BRE Academy courses.
- Life assurance at 3x basic salary.
- Onsite nursery, tax efficient childcare scheme and an enhanced maternity package.
- Reward and recognition schemes.
- Wellbeing options such as 24/7 virtual GP access, counselling, cash back on prescriptions and dental care.
More searches like this
- Internal Audit Senior Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom