IT Audit Manager
Your new role
As a IT Audit manager your job purpose will be to provide a responsive and helpful service to audit clients through a sound and professional evaluation of risk management, internal control and governance arrangements. This service will be delivered through an effective programme of assignments, supporting the Head of IT Assurance and responsible for the planning, supervision and delivery of IT internal audits and other control testing.
To support the Head of IT Assurance in the development and implementation of robust systems and processes that lead to high quality planning, decision making, control and governance across National Highways
The IT and Audit teams are predominantly located in Leeds, Birmingham or Guildford; however, we have the flexibility to offer other locations with some home working for the right candidate. This role also has the potential to be offered on a part-time or job share basis and has flexibility to ensure you have a great work-life balance.
What you’ll be leading on
- Contribute to the development of the IT audit plan including determining priorities and ensuring enough resources are available to deliver it in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Support the Head of IT Assurance in strategically developing internal audit services through continuous improvement, taking ownership and delivering an effective audit function.
- Accountable for the guidance and day-to-day management of an effective team of auditors on assignment, planning and delivery of the audit programme.
- Accountable for the review of all audit documentation from terms of reference through to the audit report and action management. Delivery will meet appropriate quality and professional standards.
- Attend and present at senior meetings, as required, presenting key audit findings in a professional manner and being a trusted business advisor.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with senior clients and stakeholders built on professional trust.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate issues or concerns are escalated to the Head of IT Assurance.
- Take ownership of personal development and training. Identify new trends and keep up-to-date to add value to the business.
To be successful
- CISA or equivalent professional qualification
- Significant knowledge and experience of Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) auditing, including processes, applications, infrastructure, security, risk, cloud services and emerging technologies. Exposure to major ERP systems, preferably Oracle.
- Significant knowledge and experience using leading industry frameworks such as COBIT; ITIL; NIST CSF; PCI DSS and in project management, Agile; Waterfall; MSP; and PRINCE2.
- Desirable to have experience in auditing Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Robotics Process Automation (RPA).
- Desirable to have experience in using data analytic tools (eg IDEA, ACL, etc).
- Experience in the development of audit strategies and plans, and strong experience of successfully leading and undertaking audits.
- Significant experience in successfully leading and managing the performance of an assigned team, setting clear objectives and priorities for individuals.
- Experience in writing and managing reports for a variety of stakeholders including the board and executive is essential.
A bit about us
There’s never been a better time to join our Finance & Business Services (FBS) team.
Our directorate is responsible for managing the company's £4 billion a year finances, overall governance, assurance and risk management, managing the company's large and dispersed estate, processing damages claims and the operation of the Dart Charge facility. A lot of what we do is like oil in the organisational machinery. We make the business work more smoothly and we help everyone to do their jobs better. Our vision is to work through partnership and collaboration to secure great resource outcomes for the company and amplify what we achieve with it.