Risk and Internal Controls Manager
Why is this role key to our business?
Are you looking to add real value in your next role, working for an exciting, multi-faceted and transformational organisation that’s proud to be celebrating world class innovation in the built environment for 100 years? Do you want to join a collaborative, supportive and dynamic team where you too can be a transformational leader and make a difference? Are you craving an opportunity for your career aspirations to be nurtured and developed? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a highly motivated and agile Risk and Internal Controls Manager who is not afraid of a challenge. You’ll be a creative problem-solver who thrives operating in a complex audit environment. You’ll become a key player within the audit and risk team, gaining exposure to senior colleagues.
You’ll be working as part of a small and newly formed Risk and Internal Audit team, reporting to our Head of Risk and Internal Audit.
If the above sounds like you, then get in touch!
The value this role will add:
- Lead on the embedding and continuous improvement of the risk management framework.
- Assist with the management and development of the operational risk registers and strategic risk register.
- Prepare monthly risk reporting and lead on its continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate understanding of key business processes and risks and their controls.
- Perform evaluation of design and effectiveness of controls.
- Assist with the development and execution of a risk based internal audit plan.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task on quality work deliverables.
- Coach, train, and provide guidance to business stakeholders to promote best practice in risk management and effective internal controls.
- Build and maintain positive stakeholder relationships at all levels of the organisation as well as with key external stakeholders (accreditation bodies, external consultants, etc.).
- Plan and conduct risk based internal audits to a high standard, communicating and delivering high quality audit reports.
What skills and experience does the role need?
- Experience with risk management frameworks
- Ability to assess risks and internal controls
- Experience in conducting risk based internal audits (desired)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Extensive experience in driving change and improvement with positive results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with previous experience in writing internal audit reports and attention to detail
- Practical experience of applying internal audit practices, tools and techniques
- Risk Management Qualification
- Membership of CMIIA, CCAB or equivalent (desired)
- CIA or CPA certification or equivalent (desired)
Simply put, BRE delivers innovative and rigorous products, services, standards and qualifications which are used around the globe to make buildings better for people and for the environment. Sustainability is a key focus.
BRE offers a whole host of employee benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (including 3 for Christmas shutdown).
- Flexible hybrid working options (visits to Watford as required otherwise remote working).
- Learning and development opportunities including free access to our BRE Academy courses.
- Life assurance at 3x basic salary.
- Onsite nursery, tax efficient childcare scheme and an enhanced maternity package.
- Reward and recognition schemes.
- Wellbeing options such as 24/7 virtual GP access, counselling, cash back on prescriptions and dental care.
We’re building a diverse and talented team at BRE because we know that different perspectives, experiences and skills will help us be more innovative and mean that we can help deliver effective solutions for our customers.
This is a non-exhaustive summary of your role and is non-contractual. In addition to the above, you may be required to undertake additional duties in order to properly execute your role. This job description is subject to variation from time to time in order to meet the changing needs and requirements of our industry, as well as customer and business demands.
The experience requirements above are provided for guidance purposes, however we would welcome applications from candidates with more or less relevant experience who can demonstrate their suitability for the role.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
Please also note that should we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date, so please do apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.