Trainee Risk Advisory - Bristol, Sept 2022 (Graduate) - ACA
1 day left
- Full Time
If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, looking after the financial affairs of individuals, families, and businesses for more than a century. We offer a wide range of end-to-end services to meet client needs throughout their life, and at every stage of their business lifecycle.
Our trainee schemes are structured training programmes combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management and delivering presentations.
What will you be doing?
Many businesses need to reassure their Boards and investors on their governance, risk and internal control arrangements, many want to improve their systems and processes to be better and enable them to deliver on their strategic outcomes. The team you'll be joining provides wide-reaching risk advisory services to clients across a number of industries and sectors, ranging from advising on business or technology change projects through to embedding new and novel approaches to managing organisational risk.
The risk advisory team consists of enterprise risk management specialists, internal audit professionals and technology assurance experts, you would be joining a multi-disciplinary team who are passionate about what they do.
At Tilney Smith & Williamson, your career in Risk Advisory starts right away. Alongside the professional qualification study, you'll work with our team to get hands-on experience with clients to deliver a variety of risk advisory and assurance assignments. You'll get to know their businesses, support conversations with senior stakeholders and present key information. You'll be working with teams that challenge you, each other, and management to deliver high quality outputs. Our teams will support you and one another to create a safe space for everyone to be open to challenge and develop both personally and professionally.
A career in professional services can be challenging but the reward is remarkable. Tilney Smith & Williamson has a highly supportive culture that will mentor you through the transition from school and beyond.
As our Trainee your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team to undertake a variety of risk advisory, governance, and assurance activities
- Developing an understanding of our clients and their business
- Developing strong working relationships with our clients, being able to communicate both orally and in writing is a key requirement
- Undertaking research into innovative solutions for our clients as well as in the development of the Risk Advisory practice
- Working as part of a national team, being collaborative, and playing a role building strong working relationships at all levels of the firm
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Committed and motivated to studying towards the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification on a level 7 Apprenticeship
- Must have or be on course for at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
- 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5
What training and development will you receive?
Progression within this team is fast, with responsibility from an early stage. By the second year you'll be taking on a more senior role with smaller clients and helping to supervise the new intake of trainees and as your experience grows, you may have opportunities to experience other assignments such as control reviews and due diligence projects. You will also receive internal training from our dedicated learning and development team.
Additionally, you will achieve the Level 7 Apprenticeship qualification, developing essential skills sought out in the professional services sector.
Here's what our trainees have to say about our Audit trainee programme…
"The manager will always need to review my work, which could lead to discussions with the manager or other members of the audit team which helps to create a constructive atmosphere for self-development. The audit partner will also need to review my work after the manager which could lead to discussions with the partner too."
"The wider range of clients and experience really does improve your overall knowledge and understanding of the profession to help you become a well-rounded accountant by the time you qualify."
"Being able to work at a client's office enables you to experience different business cultures, and operational approaches. Learning these whilst on the job can really help you understand where you would like to place yourself in the future."
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assurance Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Graduate Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom