Manager - Assurance Risk & Control
4 days left
- Full Time
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group. With £56 billion of assets under management (as of November 2021), we rank as the third-largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the sixth-largest professional services firm ranked by fee income (source: Accountancy Age 50+50 rankings, 2021).
We are driven by our purpose to place the power of good advice into more hands for both individuals and businesses. Our purpose is supported by our three core values:
Personal - we treat you as an individual
Partnership - we go further together
Performance - we strive for more.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a talented individual to perform oversight of the managerial duties being undertaken by the Operations Manager associated with your relevant teams/functions; provide assistance and support to the relevant Head of Department and deputise where required; undertake the relevant duties associated with your business area and carry out all tasks to a high standard, ensuring work is completed accurately and on time; and ensure you and your team are adhering to all controls, regulatory guidelines and procedures that affect the business area.
As Senior Manager - Assurance Risk & Control, some of your responsibilities will be to:
- Take responsibility for oversight of a team always ensuring that:
- All team tasks are documented and completed to deadline and that reconciling items are resolved within appropriate timescales (MIR).
- Appropriate action is taken to rectify errors or omissions and that any anomalies are escalated in a timely fashion.
- Procedures, controls and training are reviewed following any risk event to mitigate.
- Provide technical advice to assist in resolving complex issues or queries which arise within the team.
- Support the Head of Department in ensuring that systems, processes and controls are in place and are fit for purpose; support HOD in the implementation of groupwide projects and initiatives. Support senior management in ensuring that team procedures are documented, periodically reviewed and updated. Work with the Head of Department to review business initiatives, policies and products from an operational perspective to ensure that they are fully supportable.
- Contribute to the change management programme relevant to their area and actively manage the development and delivery of changes to operational and systems infrastructure. Review the risk and controls matrix in line with group policy and implement any required changes in the team.
- Prepare accurate and comprehensive management information within the timescales agreed. Update Training Needs Analysis and ensure appropriate knowledge & skill are spread across the team. Regularly complete Training Needs Analysis of team members to ensure they have the required skill and knowledge to perform their role. Manage appropriate Management Information Report, Key Performance Indicators, Key Risk Indicators (KRI) in place and update by due dates.
- Promote knowledge sharing and a unified approach within the team in order to improve the level of service provision. Lead by example displaying strong values and beliefs and a commitment to encouraging individuals to put the client at the front of everything that they do.
- Complete regular assessments of individuals and provide regular feedback to them on their performance and behaviours, recognising both strengths and areas for development and providing appropriate training, coaching and support. Ensure that knowledge of direct reports is kept up to date and that industry, regulatory and internal changes are appropriately communicated. Ensure that any underperformance or conduct issues are dealt with and that senior management and HR are involved as appropriate.
- Ensure that all dealings with internal / external clients are conducted professionally and that requests are dealt with in a timely and effective manner and take responsibility to resolve. Actively seek to improve operational capabilities of the team with a view to achieving servicing efficiencies.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Significant Operations experience gained within financial services or an outsourced provider.
- Demonstrable and practical knowledge of the regulatory environment relating to investment management and in particular settlement operations.
- Experience of managing a team and its individual members, including delivering effective appraisals, performance management, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Word and Excel.
As a colleague here at Tilney, Smith & Williamson you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Hybrid working model (role dependent)
- Generous holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
- Shared parental leave
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings, representative of our society and clients. We are committed to providing a work environment where all colleagues, regardless of identity, background, or circumstance, feel respected as individuals and feel that they can achieve their full potential and work in a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment.
If you need any reasonable adjustments for your application process, please let your recruiter know.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- Risk Analysis Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- Risk Management Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- Internal Controls Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- Risk Professional Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in West Yorkshire