Portfolio Surveillance Senior Data Engineer
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities, and we're playing a central role in building a growing UK economy.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
Retail Risk Development is a strategically important and integral part of the Retail Bank Divisional Risk Function, where we spend our time building innovative tech and data-led solutions for risk management, monitoring and assurance.
Our programme of data-led monitoring provides proactive assurance over key customer processes protecting customers and the bank from things that could go wrong. We're passionate about innovation and our ultimate goal is to achieve the right balance of human and machine intelligence in risk management.
Our team works out of our Chester, Leeds and Glasgow hubs therefore we'll need you to be based a commutable distance from one of these areas. We work in a hybrid model, splitting our time between the office and working from home.
- Data Engineering expertise in development of sophisticated data-driven tests using extensive product knowledge to build test criteria which provide assurance over LBG key risks.
- Ensure that test development is in line with internal expectations which incorporates the robust validation of builds prior to launching assurance.
- Extensive interaction required in developing test criteria, detailing issues, and supporting their subsequent remediation.
- Investigate areas of concern highlighted through the creation of assurance and use knowledge of risk environment to connect findings to broader themes.
- Provision of technical support for ad-hoc pieces of analysis from the Divisional Risk management team.
- Identify and progress opportunities for internal efficiencies, through automation and other operational improvements, within Portfolio Surveillance.
- Understand the Risk and Control Framework which will be key in the Identification and development of automation opportunities in RBDR and Portfolio Surveillance.
- Understand the wider strategic direction within the group in terms of data, reporting and technology
- An Agile mind-set, able to think differently around the future of Risk Management and how data could support in achieving our strategic objectives.
- Coding expertise - (Teradata/SQL/SAS).
- Knowledge and experience in manipulation of data and information to build practical insight that is conveyed in a compelling story (verbally, visually and written).
- Identifies and evaluates complex expertise-led data solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business needs, ensuring adherence to regulatory and compliance standards.
- The communication and relationship skills to work successfully with a variety of technical and non-technical colleagues, including senior business leaders.
- Excellent level of proficiency in MS office products and experience of working with large datasets in a similar analytical or data manipulation role.
- Experience of design and production of management information reports.
- A good understanding of how data & insight is used in decision making.
- Identifies shortcomings, suggests improvements and implements approved revisions to current data processes, systems and procedures within Risk Development and RBDR.
- Assists in the design and implementation of the data strategy across RBDR while ensuring adherence to regulatory and compliance standards.
- Takes ownership for implementing a team's formal development framework with guidance from senior colleagues, while informally coaching others throughout the organisation in area of expertise and pursuing and investing in opportunities for own personal development.
- Previous risk management experience with an understanding of the groups One RCSA (Risk and Control Self-Assessment) framework.
- Skills in manipulating different forms of structured and unstructured data which will be essential in increasing scope of the Risk Development area.
- Experience of using Group Data Warehouse / LeMans / EDH.
So what can we offer you in return?
In return for your expertise, your ongoing personal and professional development will be supported. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- A Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Access to Share Schemes
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation. We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Together we make it possible.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom