Operational Risk Manager
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) has been exclusively mandated by our client, a listed UK lending business, in their search for an Operational Risk Manager.
The role offers a hybrid working model with expectation to be in the office once a week.
This position represents an exciting opportunity for an operational risk professional looking for a broad reaching role working with a collaborative and friendly environment, as the business continues its journey towards a new GRC tool.
You will be partnering and driving three core areas of the business:
- Data Governance
- Supplier Risk Management
- Operational Resilience
It therefore essential that you are familiar with at least 2 of these areas within operational risk.
You will be building relationships across senior management, in particular with Heads of Risk, Senior Managers and First Line.
- Provide 2nd line oversight and challenge across 1st line risk management activity
- Support and provide advice with regard to implementation and execution of the Group risk framework.
- Proactively oversee the business in managing its risks associated with supplier, data and resilience.
- Assist with the implementation and completion of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment process (RCSA) in the first line.
- Working with management teams to develop and improve risk management and internal controls
- Support the first line in understanding and adhering to the Group risk appetite.
- Assist in the design of any risk training / coaching for first line stakeholders and provide support where necessary in implementing training with particular focus on Data, Suppliers and Resilience.
- Input into projects and change initiatives in an advisory capacity to help ensure that project risks are identified early, and that control requirements are clearly specified and included as part of delivery.
- Delivering Change Risk assessment and input into Control Self-Assessment Process.
- Delivery of thematic reviews from planning through to reporting.
- Support with risk monitoring, reviewing themes and trends and escalating through the appropriate channels.
- 8+ years' UK experience within operational risk (or equivalent second line environment)
- Experience of working within Financial Services
- Exposure to at least one (ideally two) of the following: Data Governance, Operational Resilience and Supplier Risk Management
- Strong communicator, approachable and high energy
- Demonstrate desire to work to a common goal
*The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk
More searches like this
- Risk Management Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Advisory Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom