Deputy Director, Cyber Security Transformation, GSG Cyber Directorate
Salary: £73,000 - £120,000
A Pivotal Role Allowance may be available for exceptional candidates in addition to base salary. External candidates will be expected to start on the band minimum. Existing Civil Servants will be appointed in line with the normal Civil Service pay rules.
Job grade: SCS Pay Band 1
Closing date: Sunday 18 December 2022.
The Deputy Director for Cyber Security Transformation within the Cyber Directorate leads the Strategy Implementation Programme, including directing delivery of a £45m central programme of work, continuously evolving the strategy, and influencing critical stakeholders across government to create the conditions for successful transformation within departments. As a core member of cross- government cyber security leadership, you will be in a position to shape and influence the cyber agenda as well as broader digital and national security strategy. Your technical expertise and ability to effect change in complex environments will be critical to the success of the strategy. You will be working in a dynamic, highly skilled team, with technical experts and the most senior officials to deliver an absolutely critical part of the government security agenda. We have a strong focus on building an inclusive environment where every member of the team feels valued and able to share their experiences and skills, and welcome applications from candidates who share this ethos.
This is an opportunity to play a key role in keeping government safe from cyber attack and ensuring it is cyber resilient. Working at the heart of government, leading the Cyber Security Transformation Deputy Directorate within the Cyber Directorate in the Cabinet Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Integrating the delivery outcomes of the Government Cyber Security Strategy into the agenda and objectives of wider government - identifying opportunities to increase the likelihood of successful delivery in departments by supporting the Digital, Data and Technology transformation roadmap to deliver improved security outcomes, engaging HM Treasury on spending priorities, supporting the digital and cyber skills agenda, and supporting implementation of National Security objectives.
- Providing technical leadership and direction to implementation of strategy objectives and to translate these into a clear programme of work, connecting and constructively challenging delivery across central teams and departments, and working with Ministers and security stakeholders to prioritise objectives.
- Continuing to evolve the Government Cyber Security Strategy objectives and priorities, ensuring that these remain fit for purpose and enable government organisations to raise their cyber security maturity in an evolving threat landscape.
- Supporting the Cyber Director as SRO for the public sector elements of the National Cyber Programme, ensuring appropriate prioritisation of these resources to address cyber priorities and risks.
You will play a key role in GSG and the wider Government Security Function as a member of the Senior Management Team, taking decisions that affect the breadth of government security and driving forward improvement and change. You will be responsible for a deputy directorate of around 15 members of staff, and will work with a wide range of stakeholders from digital teams in departments, security professionals, the security and intelligence agencies, and national security policy stakeholders, including Ministers and very senior officials.
You will need to be a confident, inspiring and inclusive leader, committed to the support and development of your staff. You will act as a role model within GSG and the wider government security profession, visibly committed to our Vision and Mission.
As Deputy Director for Cyber Security Transformation within the Cyber Directorate, we are looking for people who have the following expertise and attributes:
- A background in cyber security delivery or leadership.
- A proven track record in cyber security or technology transformation, with evidence of delivering improvements at scale, while managing operational risks in a sensitive environment.
- Proven experience of working collaboratively across government to influence technology and investment strategy and decision making.
- Proven leadership experience, with the ability to build teams, empower and motivate others across organisational boundaries, and create a culture that motivates staff, promotes diversity and innovation, and delivers results.
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills, with the credibility and ability to build excellent relationships with senior stakeholders at board level or Ministers across organisations alongside evidence of a collaborative approach.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to articulate a strategic vision for a complex organisation or system, to ensure a range of internal and external stakeholders are engaged and supportive.
- An ability to cope and be resilient under pressure, and to be responsive to new risks and emerging priorities.
- Willingness to go through developed vetting security clearance.
- Knowledge and understanding of HM Government coupled with an ability to confidently navigate Whitehall, capable of drawing upon and establishing a wide ranging network.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Public Sector £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Public Sector £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Technology Risk Public Sector £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Public Sector £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom