The purpose of the role is to enable and assure that Lowell UK's most material risks and incidents are being managed effectively to achieve its Strategic objectives.
This will be done by working with direction from the Senior Risk Business Partner with Risk and Control owners across the business to ensure they have the appropriate resource, knowledge, skills and commitment to implement and embed Lowell's Risk Management Framework into their day to day operations.
As our next Risk Business Partner you'll enable and assure that Lowell UK's most material risks and incidents are being managed effectively.
Working closely with the Head of Operational Risk, fellow Risk Business Partners, and Risk and Control owners across the business, you'll ensure they have the appropriate resource and knowledge to implement and embed Lowell's Risk Management Framework into their day to day operations.
As part of the role you'll
- Provide tailored and ongoing education, guidance and support to your partnered functions
- Communicate complex Risk Management frameworks and processes in a simple, engaging way
- Accentuate the commercial benefits of good risk management
- Support Risk Governance Manager in providing input to key Risk Reports going to Lowell Governance Committees
- Provide constructive and proportionate challenge and oversight on the adequacy of functional risk and control management (RCSAs)
- Be responsible for maintenance and oversight of the UK Region's Risk Management system (Xactium)
- Provide input to Group Risk colleagues on the development of Lowell's Risk Management Framework
What we need from you?
- Experience of working in a financial services environment
- Working knowledge of the UK Financial Services Regulatory Regime
- Good understanding of the tools and techniques of Risk Management
- A people person with strong cross functional working experience and a great communicator
- An inherent and effective ability to influence the risk management agenda throughout the organisation
- An ability to analyse a process, system, or deliverables with an eye for detail
- Familiarity in planning and implementing risk reviews at all levels to determine appropriate levels of control are in place to minimise the potential impacts to the Business
How we say thank you?
An exciting career is much more than just a salary. We also understand that everyone, regardless of culture, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, or disability status, can contribute to our goal to make credit work better for all. Our strength is in our people. So, at Lowell we have a range of benefits that include:
- A discretionary annual bonus for a job well done.
- Life assurance, Private Medical Assurance & Group income protection.
- 3% flexible benefits; pick additional benefits or take as cash each month. Whether this is extra holiday or dental cover there will be something for you.
- 5% Pension Contribution
- A fantastic culture with more little perks along the way including flexible working, family leave and recognition awards.
- Wellbeing support, including THRIVE sessions, trained support officers, and regular webinars and classes geared towards mindfulness.
At Lowell #togetherwegofurther. So we want to ensure that once you get here, you'll still be going places.
Take the next step and apply