Group Risk Manager
- Shaw Trust
- Home Based / UK
- £41,528 - £46,993 per annum, dependent on experience
- 25 Jan 2023
- 24 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Compliance & Regulation, Compliance, Regulation, Internal Controls, Quality Assurance, Risk, Risk Assurance, Risk Management
- Employer Sector
- Education, Training & Recruitment, Not For Profit & Charities, Social Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
At Shaw Trust we believe everyone has the right to live a decent and dignified life and an opportunity for rewarding work. We are a social purpose organisation challenging inequality and breaking down barriers to enable social mobility.
For us, being part of the solution is about creating the conditions for this to happen, advocating and delivering services that make a real difference. Working in partnership - not competition, we are part of an eco-system of purpose-led organisations, striving for a fairer, more equal society centred on opportunity for all.
The role of Risk Manager is to communicate risk policies and processes within the Shaw Trust Group. You will provide hands-on development of risk models involving commercial, financial and operational risk, giving assurance that controls are operating effectively, and providing research and analytical support.
A second line of defence role, you will be responsible for overseeing the first line including independent identification, analysis, monitoring, reporting and escalation of all risk types arising from Shaw Trust Group business activities. Working in collaboration with members of the wider organisation, you will have responsibility for developing clear and appropriate processes, systems and controls. In addition, you will provide assurance to the senior leadership that key risks are identified, and controls are in place and working well across Operations.
You will have:
- An understanding of Risk & Control Management – tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and service improvement approaches, in regard to business continuity and risk management strategies.
- Previous experience working in a similar first, or second line risk role, or third line Audit role.
- Experience in monitoring and overseeing processes, procedures, policies and controls.
- Experience of regulation and working effectively and constructively within a regulated environment.
As well as helping to make a positive difference to the lives of young people, as an employee of Shaw Trust you will have access to the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays), with incremental increases post 3 years’ service up to 28 days, and the option to purchase additional holiday.
- two days paid volunteering leave each year.
- An enhanced pension scheme after 6 months.
- Life Assurance at three times your annual salary rate.
- Access to a suite of learning and development opportunities, including paid for apprenticeship and masters’ levels qualifications, and management development programmes.
- Opportunities to connect with our employee diversity networks (LGBTQ+ Support Network, Racial Equality Network, Disability Equality Network, Women’s Network).
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives, including internal support, employee assistance programme and health cash plan.
For further details including Job Description, Person Specification and how to apply online please visit our website via the 'Apply' button.
If you have accessibility requirements and would like information in a different format, please contact our HR Service Centre to make alternative arrangements.
Closing date: 28 February 2023.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community including from people with lived experience and/or knowledge of disability or social exclusion.
Join a diverse and inclusive organisation
Shaw Trust is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment, where every employee, regardless of their background or lived experience, feels that they belong and can progress in their career.
In our most recent colleague survey “86% of our colleagues say we demonstrate a true commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion”.
- We are proud to be certified as an employer who meets the National Equality Standard, the accepted standard for inclusiveness in business across the UK.
- We are Disability Confident Leaders, support the guaranteed interview scheme and use of the government’s Access to Work scheme.
- Living our values, we are keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within our organisation.
Shaw Trust reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received.
More searches like this
- Compliance Social Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Quality Assurance Social Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Social Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Social Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Social Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in United Kingdom