Internal Audit Manager with International Travel
- Watford, Hertfordshire / Hybrid
- £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
- 09 Mar 2023
- 08 Apr 2023
- Katy Sturgess
- Job Type
- Business / Corporate Auditor, Internal Audit Manager, Internal Controls, Risk, Risk Assurance, Risk Management
- Employer Sector
- Retail, Wholesale & FMCG
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 25-50% Travel
Your new company
An International business focussed on the African continent offering a range of commercial services.
Your new role
Reporting to the Group CFO, the Internal Auditor Manager is responsible for reviewing and auditing internal control and procedures to ensure risk is adequately management and the controls and governance of each entity are effective.
c30% travel to the subsidiaries in Africa is required. (Approx 2 weeks in every 6 weeks)
This role is the sole Internal Audit professional within the business and requires Audit Planning and strategy as well as hands-on delivery of the Audit plan.
- Performing full audits of all business cycles including risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable company directives and regulations
- Determining internal audit scope and developing annual plans for each entity
- Obtaining, analysing and evaluating accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Preparing and presenting reports that reflect audit's results and document process
- Identifying areas of weakness and recommending areas of improvement as well as risk mitigating measures and cost savings
For full job details please get in contact.
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 5 years of proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor
- Experience working in an organisation with multiple entities
- Understanding of the risk around stock and experience auditing businesses with physical stocks
- Qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Good report writing and communication skills
- You will be happy travelling to Africa approximately 30% of the time
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary and opportunity to travel internationally
- Flexible working options - hybrid working when in the UK (2/3 days in the office in Watford each week)
- Discretionary Bonus
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Manager Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom