Enhanced Due Diligence Manager
- London / Hybrid
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- 22 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Analytics, Data Analytics, Compliance & Regulation, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Compliance, Risk, Risk Analysis
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Banking & Finance - Retail, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As a Barclays Enhanced Due Diligence Manager, you will be accountable for the Enhanced Due Diligence reviews of the Corporate Bank’s Money Service Business clients. The team sits in the first line of defense but acts independently of the coverage team they support. Responsibilities include undertaking EDD reviews for refresh and on-boarding of MSBs using both internal and public source tools as well as reviewing relevant documentation and undertaking client visits to know the AML/Sanctions/ABC risk profile of the clients.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring EDD reviews are completed in line with the AML Life Cycle Standards
- Identifying and analysing the AML/CTF/ABC risk posed and provide a reasoned recommendation as to how to proceed with the relationship
- Delivering risk-based EDD by reviewing and analysing information gathered in meetings, public sources, and Barclays internal data
- Reporting conclusions by compiling EDD reports and delivering recommendations. EDD reports and presentations conveying complex messages
- Coordinating with the Relationship Director, deliver recommendations on how to proceed with the client relationship
- Presenting for EDD to the Risk Forum which includes various heads of businesses
- Developing and managing client relationships when undertaking reviews of the AML/CTF and ABC frameworks
- Monitoring industry activity – ensure Barclays have a fluent, clear, current point of view on all market developments
What we’re looking for:
- Educated to Degree level
- In-depth knowledge of AML, CTF, ABC risks
- Ability to work using own initiative and come to conclusions and make recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Excellent stakeholder manager skills and the ability to have difficult and often sensitive client discussions that do not impact overall client relationships
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Relevant AML/CTF or ABC qualifications i.e. ACAMs
- Language Skills
- Previous experience of Enhanced Due Diligence or other relevant areas
- Ability to work unsupervised and be able to use initiative to solve often complex problems
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
More searches like this
- Compliance Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Financial Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in United Kingdom