Financial Crimes Oversight Compliance
- London / Hybrid
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- 22 Mar 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Analytics, Data Analytics, Compliance & Regulation, Compliance, Regulation, Financial Crime, Risk, Risk Analysis
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Banking & Finance - Retail, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As a Barclays Financial Crimes Oversight Compliance, you will have oversight of the firm’s financial crime compliance and risk management approach. In your new role you will ensure the business effectively mitigate the risks of products and services being abused for the purposes of money laundering, terrorism financing, or other financial crime.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Acting as Financial Crime SME for all aspects of the BBPLC control framework
- Providing Financial Crime oversight and advice to ensure that first line are equipped to perform their accountabilities
- Analysing and providing sophisticated risk sensitive decisions and advice, supported by clear rationale and justification aligning with the firm’s risk appetite
- Focusing on data informed decisions, utilising organisational data on clients, products, threats and industry outcomes to drive maturity in our oversight mechanisms
- Driving outcomes based focus through the businesses we oversee
- Providing financial crime advice to support the assessment of Corporate Banking, Payments and Global Trade products, solutions and new product initiatives
- Having oversight and monitoring of Corporate Banking, Payments and Global Trade activities ensuring compliance with Firmwide Standards
What we’re looking for:
- Solid SME across Financial Crime regulation, guidance and risk mitigation strategies
- Understanding of different business segments and the associated financial crime risks
- Creative and forward thinking, striving to improve and find solutions through effective innovation and ability to manage project and programmes of work end to end
- Highly organised and structured with excellent written communications skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Skilful co-ordination in working across a wide range of stakeholders both within and beyond the function
- Ability to navigate complex problems and provide pragmatic solutions
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
More searches like this
- Compliance Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Financial Crime Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom