Business Oversight Compliance – Barclays Payments Manager
- London / Hybrid
- Competitive + Excellent Benefits
- 22 Mar 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Advisory, Compliance & Regulation, Compliance, Regulation, Risk, Risk Advisory, Risk Analysis
- Employer Sector
- Banking & Finance - Investment, Banking & Finance - Retail, Financial Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As a Barclays Business Oversight Compliance – Barclays Payments Manager, you will report to the vice President of Barclays Payments Compliance. In your new role you will fill a key management level role within the UK advisory team in Barclays Payments, providing advisory support, operational execution and reporting functions for the UK team and businesses. We are the only business in the UK which can make and take payments, which allows us to offer a broader choice of products to our clients and customers.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Acting as a trusted Advisory point of contact for the business with regards to regulatory and conduct related queries
- Leading and presenting to Compliance senior management on Compliance assessments of new and amended products, and product reviews
- Reviewing incidents and risk events to provide timely Compliance/ Conduct direction and advising with regards to fixes and redress/ remediation
- Ensuring all risks and issues identified are appropriately logged, tracked and are only closed when acceptable evidence has been supplied to justify closure
- Ensuring all conduct and other regulatory risk issues are escalated promptly
- Providing timely and relevant regular and ad-hoc reports as required both internally and externally, for governance committees
- Identifying, managing and escalating conduct risks and risk themes within the business
- Reviewing customer communications including but not limited to for example, new products, collections letters, incident related communications, financial promotions
What we’re looking for:
- Communication, interpersonal and analytical skills and the ability to deliver timely high quality work
- Influencing skills – ability to build relationships, make impactful contributions and effectively influence business strategy
- Resilient with an ability to adapt to change
- PC-literate with appropriate knowledge in the following systems: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ideally have experience of working within an advisory team, within a credit cards or payments context
- Knowledge of applicable regulations
- Experience of monitoring regulatory compliance processes, practices, risks and customer outcomes in a financial services institution
- Experience of building relationships with regulatory bodies and key business partners to implement required Change programmes
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. This state-of-the art energy efficient building holds up to 2,500 staff. The office location is perfect for travel from the midlands and London alike as we are based just off the A45, it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
More searches like this
- Advisory Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom